Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 LR AWD Black right front road debris damage and the fix

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wife was driving our LR AWD on the freeway when a large chunk of plywood struck the front right of our Tesla. Multiple front sensors started going off. When she got home I noticed 2 right front sensors where pushed in and the right fog light was pushed in, but working. I took the front bumper off and accessed the damage. The sensors are heat pressed into the back of the bumper and they had broken the heat press and were dangling. The fog light had 3 busted fastener ears and the top clear plastic slots to hold the light to the bumper. The fog light also had a heat pressed assembly that held the bracket on the back of the bumper. I used some gorilla glue epoxy and glued all the heat pressed points that seperated and the fog light fastener ears back onto the fog light. Let the epoxy set and put the bumper back on. Vacuumed the dirt and debris out from the bottom under shield since the bumper was off. Washed the car and amazingly no damage on the bumper and the sensors and fog light work.
Why didn't I just file an insurance claim? 1. The time it would take to get our daily driver fixed would be lengthy. 2. I would have to make a temporary fix while waiting for Tesla service to order the parts. 3. Potential insurance rate adjustment in the future. 4. This vehicle is driven 36k a year and the possibility of this happening again is high. 5. No visible damage and it didn't affect the function or driveability of the car.

Attachments

• 45A2CA1E-3FC9-4A61-AC43-FE9E21F09FF9.jpeg
    45A2CA1E-3FC9-4A61-AC43-FE9E21F09FF9.jpeg
    447.3 KB · Views: 116
  • 4B03B334-BE0D-4A3B-8A16-CDC04D48A826.jpeg
    4B03B334-BE0D-4A3B-8A16-CDC04D48A826.jpeg
    393.3 KB · Views: 78
Reactions: DocHolliday