Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 M3 Charging Pad Issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So this is really strange. I'v had my M3 for one week now. I have two iPhones. One is an iPhone 12 Pro Max with slim case. The other is a work phone iPhone XR with a thick otter box style case. The work phone charges perfectly on either side as soon as it lays in the charging bay. The iPhone Pro Max 12 with slim case, may charge one day when I put it on, and most days it won't connect a charge at all. The only way that one will work consistently is without a case. Anyone else having similar issues? I mentioned the case style because my work phone has VERY robust case and it works fine. The slim case doesn't seem to work most of the time (99% of the time).

Just because a case is slim, it doesnt mean its an appropriate case for cord free charging. I would start by looking at the website / manufacturer of the case, and see if it supports charging pads.
You’re correct. I should’ve added an image. This particular slim case is designed for wireless charging.

Attachments

• E725071C-E334-4F7D-9CA1-B5451672E89A.jpeg
    E725071C-E334-4F7D-9CA1-B5451672E89A.jpeg
    478.5 KB · Views: 64
When it doesnt charge, what is the state of charge of the phone itself? Is it possible that the phone is not requesting a charge (because newer phones have some algorithms built in to not stay at high states of charge all the time)?

Just throwing stuff at the wall to help you troubleshoot:

edit: I see you say it charges regularly without the case, so it seems like the case is the issue, not the charger.... although I do remember reading here about someone else complaining they couldnt charge 2 phones at once on the charging pad. I dont have the factory charging pad, but a jeda one (car didnt come with them when I bought mine).