Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 M3 Demo [question about average pricing]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone. This is my first post of hopefully many more. I’m planning to buy a Model 3SR+ within the next few days and started looking at demo vehicles in my area (Indiana). Most are around 2k off but require a 500 transport fee so really a net $1500. Is this about standard now for the 21s?
Thank you for your feedback.

Hello everyone. This is my first post of hopefully many more. I’m planning to buy a Model 3SR+ within the next few days and started looking at demo vehicles in my area (Indiana). Most are around 2k off but require a 500 transport fee so really a net $1500. Is this about standard now for the 21s?

Don't really get what you are trying to say. Are you paying for a demo vehicle to try?

Last edited:
Sounds about right and likely will be the same across the country. So it is on you to decide if the $1500 is worth it. Does the car (or cars) have the configuration you want? How many miles are on the odometer? Also if in the area why can't you pick up and save the $500?

I drove a demo on an overnight test drive and I drove it like I stole it. I'm willing to bet most demo cars share similar experiences and my guess is that there is more than $1500 in additional wear on those cars.

My advice continue saving for another quarter and buy a new one in 90 days. You'll have the $1500 by then and not a car with shredded tires and who knows what else.

I bought a 2020 demo. There was a standard discount that varied by mileage, and I didn’t have to pay a transportation fee because it was already at the service center closest to me.

I thought it was a good deal because it was exactly the car I would have ordered, I avoided the wait and I got the discount. I was able to inspect and drive the car before signing the paperwork. Because demo cars are cleaned, inspected — and if necessary repaired — after every test drive, I had reason to be confident small nits had been addressed.

After just short of a year of ownership, I’ve been very pleased with the way it worked out!

Reactions: PNWLeccy
Picking up a M3 SR+ Saturday. 1700 mile Demo car, $1,540.00 price adjustment. Now getting nervous and wondering if I should spring for a new one. My deposit was $100. Would I be billed the $500 transportation fee in addition to the deposit if I decline the vehicle?