Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 M3 LR Rocker Panel Paint Peeling

Raining79

Nov 21, 2020
Phoenix
Had the same issue on my 2020 M3 SR+. Car is 7 months old, contacted TSC and this is the response I got. Very disappointed...

Ok, service just got back to me. They said it will not be covered under warranty because it had to of been reported within 100 miles of vehicle delivery and your car has over 16000 miles on it.

I just asked service and they sent me this link to send to you and said go to page 9 Warranty Limitations, 6th bullet point down

https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/downloads/tesla-new-vehicle-limited-warranty-en-us.pdf

cmmd11483

Jan 18, 2021
UK
Just had my Midnight Silver M3 (2021 refresh model in Dec 2020) washed and discovered with horror the paint has peeled all along the passenger side Rocker Panel. Are you pleased with what they have done to repair yours? Have they resprayed both sides of your car? If not, are you not concerned it's just a matter of time before the other side starts to peel too?
Hey,

Yes, they repaired both sides of the car as it had began to happen on both sides.

Few months on and no issues with the new paint.

Cheers

Jackk36

Apr 5, 2021
Ohio
Took delivery of my 2021 model 3 SR+ about 2 weeks ago. Have a little over 1k miles and noticed today that the paint on the rocker under the rear passenger door is peeling. Took pictures and contacted service waiting for reply. Also noticed on the opposite rear driver side same area paint is starting to wrinkle. Will keep you guys updated.

duanra

Dec 14, 2018
Montreal
Took delivery of my 2021 model 3 SR+ about 2 weeks ago. Have a little over 1k miles and noticed today that the paint on the rocker under the rear passenger door is peeling. Took pictures and contacted service waiting for reply. Also noticed on the opposite rear driver side same area paint is starting to wrinkle. Will keep you guys updated.
Wow, sorry to hear about. I would suggest, once the problem is fixed, to ppf your rockers.
But it certainly not normal to have paint issue with this mileage specially at this time of the year (no salt).

Jackk36

Apr 5, 2021
Ohio
Wow, sorry to hear about. I would suggest, once the problem is fixed, to ppf your rockers.
But it certainly not normal to have paint issue with this mileage specially at this time of the year (no salt).
That’s exactly what I was thinking. Weather has been almost perfect. I’m definitely going to look into ppf like you suggested. Almost had a heart attack when I seen it haha then I seen this is a more common issue for others. Not that it’sa good thing others have gone through it, but it’s good to see that I don’t do anything to cause it being the nicest new car I’ve ever had I’ve only hand washed it maybe 2 times.

sunfarm

2021M3LR, Blue, 19", FSD
Jun 21, 2021
Canada
I ordered 2021 Model 3 LR, but this is scary me. I understand if vehicle 10 years old, but 2 weeks old!!!! and paint problem- this is tell me EXTREMELLY POOR QUALITY.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC