Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 M3 MIC - how should the powered boot behaviour?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you guys tried "setting" the boot to a really low height first. Like halfway open. Then set it again to the max opening to see if it makes any difference?

Just a thought.
Was just going to suggest the same.

It could be that attempting to set the boot at the highest point when its previous setting is so close that it’s ignoring the input.

As said try setting it to add arbitrarily low open amount, just to confirm the setting function works, then set it again at max travel.

Was just going to suggest the same.

It could be that attempting to set the boot at the highest point when its previous setting is so close that it’s ignoring the input.

As said try setting it to add arbitrarily low open amount, just to confirm the setting function works, then set it again at max travel.

I hadn't tried that, although having done what you both suggest the issue remains. The setting function does appear to work as intended though.

I've attached a (bad) video below trying to show the remaining 'lift' which is not extended by the powered boot.

Measuring from the bumper to the boot lip, under automatic power the opening is 118cm, but manually pushed the 'rest of the way' the opening extends to 125.5cm -those 7.5cm whilst sounding pedantic would make all the difference to me not banging my head on the locking mechanism every time... and the other car's (Audi) powered boot has no additional movement left after the automatic opening.