Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 M3 Performance - Delivered Demo Advice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Everyone,
I'm reaching out here first as I took a chance on a Demo purchase, as I needed a car sooner than later and figured some mileage and wear would be alright for me.
Purchase was a 2021 M3 Performance - BLK/BLK - 750 miles... any money saved on the car was then given a $2000 transfer fee. Money sent.

On delivery day we performed a walk around (as if we hadn't already purchased it) and found trim issues all around (headlight, tail-lights- gaps and unevenness). The frunk was difficult to close but no visible "damage". I did make a comment to my rep that I wondered if it had been in a wreck --- response was that would be required to be divulged. Demo's are discounted etc. etc.

I took home on that Friday and noticed all the autopilot was disabled. Turned on and no autopilot/FSD working(error message saying unavailable). Went thru many troubleshooting steps to the point of a service call today. I present our radar module - pictured. The tech also noting the air compressor is busted.
TL/DR - what would you do?

Exhibit Radar---
radar.jpg

Sounds kind of sketchy to me, maybe a light front end collision?
Yeah, that is out take on it. Tech stated it was either an accident or this happened at the factory.. but that would imply autopilot and cruise control never worked in the 700 mile demo usage. Collision footage or working autopilot data would be held by Tesla. Doubt I can prove anything, but looking into it.

I would be trying to unwind that deal (which likely isnt possible). You might be able to take the car to one of those places that can do paint depth analysis, to see if something was re sprayed, etc.

To me, its unlikely that the item in the picture "came that way from the factory" even though its not possible to prove.

I would be trying to unwind that deal (which likely isnt possible). You might be able to take the car to one of those places that can do paint depth analysis, to see if something was re sprayed, etc.

To me, its unlikely that the item in the picture "came that way from the factory" even though its not possible to prove.
Yeah, I’ve looked around... it seems entirely possible a whole front bumper could’ve been replaced. Just no way of knowing how to seek the reality here.