Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 M3 Performance Issues [unable to drive, error messages]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recently picked up my new 2021 M3 Performance on 12/29/2020 and as excited as I still am about having this brand new tesla I've been experiencing some bad luck in my short time with the vehicle. On delivery day during inspection I noticed a scratch on the left bumper that I brought to attention to the tesla representatives and they tried to buffer out the scratch before I took delivery. Slightly improved, but still not ideal when purchasing a brand new car.

Fast forward to today, as I enter my M3 that's parked in the garage, as soon as I step on the brake and try to switch to Drive, a bunch of alerts pop up on the screens. Some examples of the alerts are "Power Reduced", "Regenerative braking disabled", "Front motor temporarily Disabled".

I call the tesla roadside assistance to help troubleshoot the issues from my car being stuck on park, and after a soft and hard reset the alerts were still on my screen. They then call the towing service to house and the tow tuck driver is unable to switch the car into tow mode and explains to me that the car is experiencing software issues. I now have to wait until tomorrow for them to bring two types of tow trucks to get the car out of my garage and sent to the service center.

Is anyone else experiencing issues with their 2021 model 3s? I've enjoyed my experience driving in just the last few days and would hate for this to be the start of numerous issues moving forward.

DE9F95F4-896D-46FD-A5FB-69D14B68FF43.jpeg
721E2635-DC1D-4136-88BD-8D504D0F5B2B.jpeg
Yep. 2 days old and same error