Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has your Model 3 roof leaked?

• Yes, my 2021 Model 3 roof leaked.

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • No, my 2021 Model 3 roof has NOT leaked.

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • Haven't owned it long enough, not sure yet.

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Yes, my earlier version Model 3 roof has leaked.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, my earlier version Model 3 roof has NOT leaked.

Votes: 10 40.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After the first rain in SoCal in months, I just noticed my headliner and side panels with some stains on them. I've only had the car for a month so these stains really stood out. I felt them and they felt damp. I realized that the light rain the day prior may have caused a roof leak. I took it to Tesla today, and they're replacing the entire roof (top and rear glass) for the possible leak, as well as scratches in the glass.

Anyone else having this issue one the 2021 Model 3???

• Informative
Reactions: cwerdna
I didn't know our 2021s could have roof leaks, so guess will have to pay attention. As far as scratches, my car has several, but no way I'd get the windows replaced just for that. Fortunately, on the side windows the scratches are at the rear of the front windows, so you don't really see thru there. But what the hell is Tesla doing? Buying damaged glass cheaper? I can't believe how they can scratch the damn windows like that. Never seen that on any car before.

After the first rain in SoCal in months, I just noticed my headliner and side panels with some stains on them. I've only had the car for a month so these stains really stood out. I felt them and they felt damp. I realized that the light rain the day prior may have caused a roof leak. I took it to Tesla today, and they're replacing the entire roof (top and rear glass) for the possible leak, as well as scratches in the glass.

Anyone else having this issue one the 2021 Model 3???
Did this fix the problem? I have the same issue, same place on my 21 M3. Was your rear glass tinted?

I had a wet headliner over my passenger rear headliner everytime I washed my car (3 times, got my car on pi day 2021) took it in for service yesterday and they found a leaky weld seam on the door, they're making the weld fix, replacing gasket and glass and told me to send them the receipt to re-tint for Tesla to reimburse me. Tesla makes mistakes, but they also make it right.

Reactions: CapitalTM3