Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 heated steering wheel Discussion thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, just had my M3 delivered on Thursday… Love the car!
BUT, just wanted to confirm that my M3 HAS a heated steering wheel. I’ve been wondering if/when the car would get it…
I was surprised to "find" this option (still finding stuff). Located in the butt warmer section.
RED means it is turned on (it gets pretty warm in the 3/9 locations... you cannot adjust the heat). It was about 67F today, so I didn't have it on for more than a minute.
Hope this puts an END to all of the speculation? :)
Oh, VIN 902xxx
Delivered in the Bay Area

image0.jpeg
image1.jpeg

BUT, just wanted to confirm that my M3 HAS a heated steering wheel. I’ve been wondering if/when the car would get it…
I was surprised to "find" this option (still finding stuff). Located in the butt warmer section.
RED means it is turned on (it gets pretty warm in the 3/9 locations... you cannot adjust the heat). It was about 67F today, so I didn't have it on for more than a minute.
Oh, VIN 902xxx

View attachment 634622 View attachment 634623
Any chance you can see what your build date is?

Oh, VIN 902xxx

View attachment 634622 View attachment 634623

Thank you for the info!

Do you also have any idea what battery you have on your LR?

Hmm. Any idea from the VIN as to where this car was built? It’s my understanding that, up to now, only cars for EU, Canada, China were getting the heated steering wheel. I ordered our Model 3 on Jan 2 here in CA and our delivery date is currently late March, so unlikely it’s been built yet. Also, I thought Tesla’s Fremont cars were delivered East to West, so only deliveries out West at the moment would NOT be coming from Fremont. I’m just wondering if this isn’t a car built for CA customers and was shipped from somewhere else? That said, I’d love to get the heated steering wheel option. It was a great feature on my old Chrysler 300. Hands get cold in CA in winter too.

Built in Fremont.
FWIW- I ordered in December (2nd) for a late Feb/March delivery. Apparently, they delivered earlier than I expected. I figured it would be better to take this one instead of possibly waiting another 2 months (if I refused this delivery).
*I could have gotten a delivery in December, but I refused that delivery. My 2018 Leaf lease is ending March 31st.
Red w/ black interior
@Dave_Marsh - you’ll definitely get a heated steering wheel!!

Built in Fremont.
FWIW- I ordered in December (2nd) for a late Feb/March delivery. Apparently, they delivered earlier than I expected. I figured it would be better to take this one instead of possibly waiting another 2 months (if I refused this delivery).
*I could have gotten a delivery in December, but I refused that delivery. My 2018 Leaf lease is ending March 31st.

Unrelated question, your doors don't have the new wood inserts, do they?

Tim

• Helpful
Reactions: Hilbe