Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 M3P Broken after 1 road trip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery of a 2021 M3P in late June and drove it for about 800 miles when I got the dreaded "may not restart" error. Ended up having to get the car towed on July 2 and didn't get it back until yesterday July 28 because they had to replace the entire battery.

My question is: since the car was essentially out of my possession for essentially a month, is there any type of lease compensation I can expect? Thank you.

Took delivery of a 2021 M3P in late June and drove it for about 800 miles when I got the dreaded "may not restart" error. Ended up having to get the car towed on July 2 and didn't get it back until yesterday July 28 because they had to replace the entire battery.

My question is: since the car was essentially out of my possession for essentially a month, is there any type of lease compensation I can expect? Thank you.

Did they give you a loaner or "uber credits" or something? Unfortunately the California lemon law requires the car to be out of commission for a whole month and Tesla just squeaked in that 30 day window.

I think you'd have a claim for lost of a month's worth of service if they failed to provide you with a comparable loaner.

Reactions: moodel_tree
Upvote 0
Replace the entire battery? As in the 12V battery or the large HV battery?
The actual HV battery which is absurd to be since it has 800 miles. Imagine the e-waste that thing produces.
Did they give you a loaner or "uber credits" or something? Unfortunately the California lemon law requires the car to be out of commission for a whole month and Tesla just squeaked in that 30 day window.

I think you'd have a claim for lost of a month's worth of service if they failed to provide you with a comparable loaner.
Yeah, unfortunately didn't get the loaner till late because the estimated service completion date didn't update for abt two weeks. Battery was probably backordered as it didn't arrive until like a week and a half ago.

Upvote 0
The actual HV battery which is absurd to be since it has 800 miles. Imagine the e-waste that thing produces.

Yeah, unfortunately didn't get the loaner till late because the estimated service completion date didn't update for abt two weeks. Battery was probably backordered as it didn't arrive until like a week and a half ago.
That battery most surely isn’t waste. Tesla will be repairing whatever is wrong with it and using it as a service part. No worries there.
Otherwise, sorry to hear about this. Good news is once repaired, you’ll be good to go for a long long long time.

Reactions: TLLMRRJ
Upvote 0

Yeah, you're kind of in a pickle here... most automakers have a "goodwill ambassador" or "customer advocate" available to help remediate situations where a situation needs special attention and care. But Tesla doesn't seem to have that because they are massively understaffed. If you can call their corporate line, try and get a hold of someone that could try and put you in touch with a goodwill contact.

They should be able to interpret your situation that you lost a month of utility on your vehicle. That is, assuming the car is now fixed and operating normally. You may need more than 1 month if this drags out.

Upvote 0