Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 M3P preforms worse than LR and a 2019 M3P

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well if it’s the first, it’s not acceptable. I don’t believe that this is something that slipped through the cracks of a mega company. This kind of thing doesn’t happen by accident. If the answer is it’s a byproduct of their new batteries there are going to be a lot of unhappy customers both existing and prospective and it should have been disclosed. Some folks on Reddit are holding on orders pending an answer from Tesla and I don’t blame them one bit. This is a pretty significant development for M3P owners. Also as I understand things it’s only a matter of time until it affects the entire Model 3 range. Hopefully, it’s a software fix or at least can be mitigated by software.

Because in Track mode it wants to cool the battery, not heat it up. What you want is like a launch control thing where it heats up the battery for max discharge.

LG Chem, alongside CATL, supplies battery cells for Tesla’s Model 3 sedan built in Shanghai, where production began last year and whose current annual capacity is 250,000 cars. T

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/01/lg-chem-to-double-china-battery-capacity-to-meet-tesla-demand.html

The extensive discussion (45+ pages) of 2021 tesla model 3 batteries is here:
MASTER THREAD: 2021 Model 3 - Charge data, battery discussion etc

I am not following that thread as I dont really care about the subject, but thats where the discussion is happening. You can likely find out everything TMC currently knows about 2021 model 3 batteries in that thread.

The extensive discussion (45+ pages) of 2021 tesla model 3 batteries is here:
MASTER THREAD: 2021 Model 3 - Charge data, battery discussion etc

I am not following that thread as I dont really care about the subject, but thats where the discussion is happening. You can likely find out everything TMC currently knows about 2021 model 3 batteries in that thread.

The really simple answer is there isn't a made in china model 3 performance yet. Paperwork approval happened in early December 2020, with production at giga shanghai for early/middle 2021.

All model 3 performance models are currently made in Fremont.

2021 Tesla Model 3 sold in Australia will be made in China | CarAdvice.

Reactions: clerks
Might be able to help a little. Image is from Dragy and verified, outside temp 28 degrees F, 2021 M3P. The car had been driven for approximately ten minutes, seat heater on, heater on at 72 degrees, stereo on, 230lb driver, battery around 55-60%.
As you can see 0-60 with 1ft rollout (same measure Tesla uses) is 3.23.

A4CA4B97-5DE4-4983-9324-FA970CDC3A6C.jpeg

Might be able to help a little. Image is from Dragy and verified, outside temp 28 degrees F, 2021 M3P. The car had been driven for approximately ten minutes, seat heater on, heater on at 72 degrees, stereo on, 230lb driver, battery around 55-60%.
As you can see 0-60 with 1ft rollout (same measure Tesla uses) is 3.23.

View attachment 640096

You need to take the car apart to see if they use LG or Panasonic batteries. Thanks.

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life