Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 MiC 18” Aero wheel colour?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Cardo

Sep 22, 2020
Surrey, UK
Dear all,

The lovely lady wife managed to curb one of the wheels on the M3. Same poor wheel I stuffed up earlier this year, but much less damage. After the issues I had last time where the wheel place used the older colour paint in the first attempt, does anyone know what the correct colour is for the 2021 MiC Aero wheel? I’m going to see if I can get one of those come out to your gaff people to sort it, but want to make sure they have the right colour.

I feel your pain mate. My wife did our passenger side alloy in less than two weeks after getting the car home :rolleyes:. I've been searching high and low for this and I called Tesla service in Leeds today. To my surprise they just gave me the code.

It's called Magneto Metallic Shadow and the code is WPB-82042. I'll post a copy of the before and after here when the work is done (I'm getting a local 'do it on your drive' company to do ours too).

I feel your pain mate. My wife did our passenger side alloy in less than two weeks after getting the car home :rolleyes:. I've been searching high and low for this and I called Tesla service in Leeds today. To my surprise they just gave me the code.

It's called Magneto Metallic Shadow and the code is WPB-82042. I'll post a copy of the before and after here when the work is done (I'm getting a local 'do it on your drive' company to do ours too).
Did you get this sorted? Was the colour spot on? could you tell us where you got it?

Sorry for the rapid questions :)
thanks for any reply

Did you get this sorted? Was the colour spot on? could you tell us where you got it?

Sorry for the rapid questions :)
thanks for any reply
Hiya - yep it all worked out.

Bought the paint from here in the end- just the solvent was required.

If you want touch up paint only, Ford dark shadow grey is a good match.

That was the recommended colour for the earlier Aero wheels so I'm not sure how suitable it will be for the newer ones ... I used some just yesterday ... pretty good, not perfect but acceptable unless you really look. The tiny "nail varnish" bottles work surprisingly well ... lay it on thicker than you would with any other paint, try and avoid brushing it out and it self levels to partially fill the surface. (Ford Dark Shadow Gray CX) As I say I don't know if it matches the newer Aeros.

That was the recommended colour for the earlier Aero wheels so I'm not sure how suitable it will be for the newer ones ... I used some just yesterday ... pretty good, not perfect but acceptable unless you really look. The tiny "nail varnish" bottles work surprisingly well ... lay it on thicker than you would with any other paint, try and avoid brushing it out and it self levels to partially fill the surface. (Ford Dark Shadow Gray CX) As I say I don't know if it matches the newer Aeros.
Mines a March 21 model which has the newer slightly lighter refresh Aeros. Don’t know if this years have changed at all.

Did anyone actually figure this out? I also have 2021 aero wheels that need some touching up, but i cant believe theres no answers on the internet stilll.. despite so many people asking for it
Unfortunately, don’t know the color. We subsequently had to have the entire wheel refurbished (and another wheel after that) when the dearest wife full on chewed them up. The local wheel place now knows which paint to use depending on build year, and they also have it on file which paint they used previously, fortunately.

Pre-refresh (chromed) 18" cars should use this paint;
Refresh cars (de-chromed) 18" cars should use this paint;

Pre-refresh (chromed) 18" cars should use this paint;
Refresh cars (de-chromed) 18" cars should use this paint;
Is dechrome 2021 onwards right?