Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model 3 and differences from 2020

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New laminated glass only for the front windows?
Rear quarter glass from Shanghai???

upload_2020-10-15_23-43-8.png

It’s official in the uk too...

https://twitter.com/bernies04690287/status/1317001945467465728?s=21

though interestingly aero wheels remain and no mention of auto dimming side mirrors. Good jump in range though 360 miles and 4.2 seconds for the LR and 352 and 3.1 seconds for the P. Quite an increase for no additional cost

Interestingly some SR cars have appeared in the UK inventory too. If they have revisions it means some new VIN are here and at least should be a good walk around look.

we’ve ordered a LR M3 with tow hitch in white with aero wheels and FSD. I don’t think I need to edit my design as hopefully were automatically in line for the refresh. Views would be great ...

Last edited:
Ok so about the heat pump and the range increase, I'm slightly confused. If the range increase is due to the heat pump, we would see a relatively higher increase in the SR+ than the LR because the energy lost to heating the cabin is constant; say it used to be 4kwh and now is 1kwh, this benetits the SR more (3 kwh is a 6% increase of the 50kwh pack, vs 3,5% on the LR 80kwh)

The range increase we're seeing matches more with a higher density battery, because a 5% improvement means 2,5kwh more on SR and 4kwh more on LR, which they can just multiply by m/kwh to get the numbers we're seeing.

Heat pump could still be in there, but the relation to the range increase seems unlikely?