Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model 3 and differences from 2020

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A update list compare

Attachments

• image009.jpg
    image009.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 252
Can someone explain to me the point of a heated steering wheel? I don't get it. Wouldn't your hands be sweaty in minutes?

No, its for winter times when weather is very cold. I live in Los Angeles and my wife's car has a heated steering wheel. It is nice a few months of the year when its cold in the morning. Like below 45º. It gets warm but not hot and combined with the heated seats it warms you up fast before the cars ICE can heat the coolant and make use of the heater.

I was hoping the rumors of a "new steering wheel" were referring to a steering wheel that would sense the touch of a hand for autopilot. I don't like having to turn the wheel slightly to tell AP that I am still awake (it often turns too much and disables steering). I would like to just rest my hand on it and a sensor would detect skin.

No, its for winter times when weather is very cold. I live in Los Angeles and my wife's car has a heated steering wheel. It is nice a few months of the year when its cold in the morning. Like below 45º. It gets warm but not hot and combined with the heated seats it warms you up fast before the cars ICE can heat the coolant and make use of the heater.

I was hoping the rumors of a "new steering wheel" were referring to a steering wheel that would sense the touch of a hand for autopilot. I don't like having to turn the wheel slightly to tell AP that I am still awake (it often turns too much and disables steering). I would like to just rest my hand on it and a sensor would detect skin.
There's times in the winter where I live in Canada where the steering wheel is so cold that I either need gloves, or I need to slide my hands into my sleeves (which isnt safe), and I live on the West Coast where it usually just hovers around freezing all winter.

How relevant is the heated steering wheel in a car, which you can pre-heat to your preferred temperature before you start driving it?

hahahahahaha

december and january are brutal here....rain and in the 50s at night

that heated steering wheel is gonna be well utilized

It's 50 and raining in NY right now. I wore a short sleeve shirt to work today and have shorts on right now.

It's funny, I lived in Southern California for a year and when I moved there people had on winter coats and scarfs at like 60.

I can see the heated wheel being useful. My last car I had to remote start but the wheel would still be ice cold if it was below freezing. I use to point my vents at my hands to keep them from hurting for a bit.

A bit out of context but since the announcement of the refresh (today) it appears that I gain the premium package I did not have before (satellite map, data, etc.)
I have a 10/2019 (dubbed 2020) SR+. At first I was afraid we bought ther option by mistake, but no.
It is now shown as "included". I will wait 30 days to see if its the complimentary version of the 2021 SR+ package...

Note that I also got the 2020.40 update two days ago and was having bad times connecting to my phone hotspot. I wonder if everything is connected somehow.

For those who got their cars at the end of Sept but regret it, sucks to suck

Multiple hints that a refresh was coming; a Panasonic statement that battery will be 5% more dense; last year's data show that Q4 cars will be the 2021 model... yet they refuse to wait just a few more months and are now complaining

None of these changes are earth shattering.