Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model 3 and differences from 2020

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, what software version Update gives me all these features?

I know there has been a lot of buzz around the 3 refresh. Someone else got an email from the Tesla store and the sales rep provided them with a list of all of the updates. I know a lot have already been documented, but here goes:

Interior Upgrades:
  • Sill plates are now satin black to match the exterior trim
  • Seat controls have a graphite finish and the scroll wheels on the steering wheel are metalized
  • The sun visors magnetically snap into place
  • Matte black replaces gloss black throughout the interior including the door release and window buttons
  • Redesigned center console featuring fixed inductive charging mats for two smartphones wrapped in luxurious micro suede
  • Updated front compartment with a sliding lid similar to in S and X
  • Two high-powered USB-C ports in the front compartment
  • Added a fifth USB port to Model 3, located in the glove compartment
  • Model Y heat pump added to Model 3
Exterior Upgrades:
  • Side repeaters, door handles, and bright work surrounding the windows have gone from chrome to satin black
  • The new 18” aero and 19” sport wheels have sharper edges
  • Model 3 Performance now sits on 20” Uberturbine wheel
  • Power lift gate

Nice argumenting.

You're confusing second hand verbal reports from internal Tesla staff and marketing speak from a newsletter with actual objective facts. And then, when extrapolating the seemingly contradicting data points you're arriving a different conclusions and accusing each other for being intentionally misleading and claiming that you're 100% right yourself.

A more constructive way of looking at the information at hand is that that it is confirmed that LR AWD vehicles include the heat pump while SR order holders everywhere, but especially Europe, can't take anything for granted just yet. If heat pump is a deal breaker, probably best to hold off. If not, well… keep your fingers crossed until we have the answer.

Reactions: Pemple
Is it just me or is the front more pronounced? I see an edge.

Front.png

Hard to tell, the photo they use is not very good, the cars nose, particular the front right is over exposed and it may appear that that seem is more pronounced because of it but you may be right.

Does anyone know if the heat pump is sound insulated? I believe the Y at least initially was not and it is very noisy.

Probably not the correct term. But here's a photo compared to the real thing and I've outlined what I meant.

View attachment 601247 View attachment 601248

Woah, I can't tell if I should be excited (because my brain says it looks good), or terrified (because I don't want them to reintroduce production issues that have otherwise been long cemented over). Probably will land somewhere inbetween :D

Last edited:
Since people have these cars in the wild now, has anyone looked at charging speed changes? I doubt it would go down any, but would be really neat if v3 supercharging could hold 250kW for longer periods.
Wait, you're saying 2021 Model 3s have already been delivered? That'd be the first I'm hearing about this outside of just being witnessed on transport vehicles

Reactions: MP3Mike