Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model 3 and differences from 2020

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Will there be a visible difference with the heated steering wheel?

Perhaps they are already being installed, and a future software check will enable the command to turn the heated wheel on.

This could well be true, because I find it odd that they would install a modified steering wheel for just one month or even two months. It's a manufacturing and supply chain pain to swap and swap again. Plus spare parts need to be considered. A steering wheel is a very critical component after all.

Maybe the steering wheel does have the heating element, but it's not connected because a different part was not available. Or, as suggested, the software and testing wasn't ready in time. Or, it isn't actually going to happen.

My personal opinion, there is a heating element in that wheel, it's something else holding things up.

Had a weird interaction with a Tesla employee just now. He called because I wanted another source to confirm that there is indeed a heatpump in the 21 SR+. He said that that's true but he basically tried to persuade me to buy the current version because I have a garage and therefore the heat pump would be pretty much useless and also apparently the new SR+ doesn't include the LFP Battery (does anyone have a source on that?) and therefore I wouldn't be able to use the full range every day because in the LFP Battery it is recommended to charge to 100%.

Was kind of weird and seemed unprofessional to me, what do you guys think?

driving up the 405 this morning (san fernando valley), i saw a truck/trailer shipment full of the refreshed model 3's going southbound (opposite direction)

i was able to catch the white tape around the new black trim of the windows - wasnt able to see the rear license plate frame to indicate if it was USA or another country

any idea where these were headed? huge port down in long beach - could they be destined for trailers then shipped to east coast? or will socal people soon get their VINs and delivery appts?

driving up the 405 this morning (san fernando valley), i saw a truck/trailer shipment full of the refreshed model 3's going southbound (opposite direction)

i was able to catch the white tape around the new black trim of the windows - wasnt able to see the rear license plate frame to indicate if it was USA or another country

any idea where these were headed? huge port down in long beach - could they be destined for trailers then shipped to east coast? or will socal people soon get their VINs and delivery appts?
Hopefully USA models!

I'm surprised there isn't a website already that has someone constantly watching everything that leaves Tesla factories. Would be nice lol

(I just want mine already ☹️ )

Hard to tell based on the photo of the charging mat, but does anyone know if there is open storage underneath the console where the charger mat is?
Updated parts catalog shows space under the charging mat:

Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 12.12.21 pm.png

Talked to a delivery rep today. He said there's no heat pump in the SR+, but he agreed with me that it's a minimal gain. The heat pump is not used to heat the batteries, so in cold climates just start pre-heating early, preferably while plugged in.
He also told me there was no heated steering wheel, before I got the chance to ask.
Oh, and the ship with cars headed for Europe has left the port, deliveries starting in December.