Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model 3 and differences from 2020

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All well and good, but..... is there a heated steering wheel?
People, this is an electric car with an app and preheat functionality. This is not your old ICE car where you had to scrub ice from the windows. 5 minutes preheating and your car and wheel are warm enough for the 2 days that we will still have winter from now on. Stop fixating on the steering wheel, this is as useless as a back pocket on a t-shirt.

Even if the heated steering wheel can't be retrofitted, you can always do the next best thing and spend $25 on Amazon.
IMG_9198.jpeg

It may be ugly, but it'll keep my fingers warm, actually too warm.

Is there a good way to tell if it’s leather or synthetic? I have a 05/19 build and I thought mine was vegan. I’ve had cars with leather wheels and the M3 feels like synthetic, not leather.
Honestly I haven't been in a Tesla with a synthetic steering wheel for an extended period of time but I didn't notice or perceive any difference during when I test drove newer cars.

But with your build date I think it's safe to assume your vehicle has a leather steering wheel.

People, this is an electric car with an app and preheat functionality. This is not your old ICE car where you had to scrub ice from the windows. 5 minutes preheating and your car and wheel are warm enough for the 2 days that we will still have winter from now on. Stop fixating on the steering wheel, this is as useless as a back pocket on a t-shirt.

Why do people love to embrace the efficiency benefits of heated seats compared to warming the entire cabin, but can't seem to do so for a heated steering wheel?