Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model 3 and differences from 2020

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think all 2021 M3 Performance have the larger pack, but the unknown is the LRs, and starting when. And the problem with 'fact checking' is who the hell would confirm that from Tesla? NOBODY. So it has to be speculation, until owners somehow confirm it... but it's not easy, apparently.

As far as the headlights, they're absolutely already in the US. What is also unknown is if ALL VINs above 863xxx include them or not. I asked if VINs are built consecutively, but nobody seems to know.

Finally, 'my' 86029x car, built on Dec 10, was confirmed to have old headlights. And I'm having A LOT of problems with the stupid new Tesla guy/delivery-site here, so will probably just decline to close the deal. My wife is so tired of the BS that she wants me to wait and buy a pristine used 2021 in Vroom/Carvana/etc in a few months. And might do just that. I made a final offer how to handle the damn transaction (me doing everything). Question: If they refuse, would I get my $100 back? If not, might as well cancel the order now. Thanks guys.

I think all 2021 M3 Performance have the larger pack, but the unknown is the LRs, and starting when. And the problem with 'fact checking' is who the hell would confirm that from Tesla? NOBODY. So it has to be speculation, until owners somehow confirm it... but it's not easy, apparently.

As far as the headlights, they're absolutely already in the US. What is also unknown is if ALL VINs above 863xxx include them or not. I asked if VINs are built consecutively, but nobody seems to know.

Finally, 'my' 86029x car, built on Dec 10, was confirmed to have old headlights. And I'm having A LOT of problems with the stupid new Tesla guy/delivery-site here, so will probably just decline to close the deal. My wife is so tired of the BS that she wants me to wait and buy a pristine used 2021 in Vroom/Carvana/etc in a few months. And might do just that. I made a final offer how to handle the damn transaction (me doing everything). Question: If they refuse, would I get my $100 back? If not, might as well cancel the order now. Thanks guys.
No $100 is a fee that you already gave to Tesla. It doesn't even get refunded when you take delivery of the car. Check out your estimated bill details.

I'm noticing the the octovalue is one noisy bit of Tesla tech. Whenever my car turns on it seems like it starts up w/ a lot of whirling and gurgling that I can even hear inside the car while driving down the street at times. Works really well though. It seems to warm up the cabin really quick, faster than my 2018 which is strange. I thought a resistive heating element would get hot a lot sooner than having to mechanically transfer heat from one component to another.

Okay, so I am a bit confused on the whole LR 2021 Battery pack speculation. I have a 2021 LR, and upon updating to version 2020.48.12.1, my car on the release notes gave an increased range message. From my knowledge, only some people are getting that message, could that indicate the 82kwh battery?

It doesn't even get refunded when you take delivery of the car.
Negative. The $100 were deducted from my total. Don't know if it was a recent change, but it was clearly deducted in my case, under 'details'.

I also found out if you switch from a new vehicle to a pre-owned, you loose the $100, and a required to pay an additional $500
I would never buy anything from Tesla directly again, so that wouldn't affect me :). At least not if their business practices don't change here in TX (different franchise laws, etc). My specific question is how do you add a VIN to your Tesla account to be able to supercharge, if you buy used, like from Vroom, or even a private seller. Thx.

• Disagree
Reactions: DrL90 and jaqueh
Negative. The $100 were deducted from my total. Don't know if it was a recent change, but it was clearly deducted in my case, under 'details'.

I would never buy anything from Tesla directly again, so that wouldn't affect me :). At least not if their business practices don't change here in TX (different franchise laws, etc). My specific question is how do you add a VIN to your Tesla account to be able to supercharge, if you buy used, like from Vroom, or even a private seller. Thx.
Mine has $100 order fee added to the price of the car. I haven’t even taken delivery of the car yet so I’m pretty sure mine is just as recent as yours.

It’s pretty widely known that this fee is not a deposit and is non refundable. How to Request a Tesla Deposit Refund [Top Hacks]

Mine has $100 order fee added to the price of the car. I haven’t even taken delivery of the car yet so I’m pretty sure mine is just as recent as yours.

It’s pretty widely known that this fee is not a deposit and is non refundable. How to Request a Tesla Deposit Refund [Top Hacks]
In Austria the 100€ are treated as a deposit. See the attached screenshot.

Attachments

• 4E950C62-E19E-4772-96F1-9DADD814B181.jpeg
    4E950C62-E19E-4772-96F1-9DADD814B181.jpeg
    410 KB · Views: 86
Okay, so I am a bit confused on the whole LR 2021 Battery pack speculation. I have a 2021 LR, and upon updating to version 2020.48.12.1, my car on the release notes gave an increased range message. From my knowledge, only some people are getting that message, could that indicate the 82kwh battery?

I am afraid this is not a hint. The update just increased the rated range indication in the car to now show the EPA values. We have some battery measurements before and after the update in Long Range and Performance Refresh cars. The Full Pack When New value wasnt touched, so the rated consumption must have been reduced.

Basically the LG Long Range performs "just as advertised", the Panasonic Long Range cars offer you 4,5% more (initially), with a possibility of a faster battery degradation that might match the LGs after a couple of months. The latter is just a theory.

Check the attached chart for more details.

Note: this is ideal rated range with Nominial Full Pack = Full Pack When New. This is not common on the Panasonics, though we've seen it more and more with the smaller LG packs here in Germany.

Attachments

• RatedRangeUpdate.jpg
    RatedRangeUpdate.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Mine has $100 order fee added to the price of the car.
Just checked again, and the $100 was just deducted as a payment, but it was added to the price indeed. Sorry about that. No sense in trying to recover $100 with that 'DoNotPay' app; it'd cost me more than that. Ha ha. I'd try via their chat, if it comes to that, but wouldn't fight it. Already bought a 14-50 adapter, and a wall cable hanging kit, but would keep them for a few months, in case I find a nice pristine 2021 via Vroom, etc.

Reactions: jaqueh
What do you mean? The advertised range is 580km and I don't see this.

Were would you like to see this? The car shows you the advertised EPA range. You are asking for the WLTP Numbers in the car, which you just wont find. That doesnt mean, that the car cant do the WLTP range.

Here is roughly why the smaller pack is still good enough for a higher range:
wltp-e5d-jpg.621151

The LG packs can reach the full 74,5KWH and maintain it (for how long we dont know yet)
6303da3c1676d4035f71ac236fc78ff94a306f73.jpeg

At this maximum capacity and with the last 2020.48.12.1 update the car shows 545km at 100% SoC. Exactly the EPA advertised numbers.

177c7554b26e7c20a585d9602577c4ef9967b253.jpeg

Attachments

• WLTP E5D.JPG
    WLTP E5D.JPG
    23.6 KB · Views: 294