Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model 3 and differences from 2020

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also ordered my model 3 over the weekend, but my advisor would only say there are "rumors" of a heated steering wheel and wooden door flash, but that "we haven't heard anything from Tesla yet".

Update. I texted my Tesla advisor, and asked if my car will have the new heat pump. The reply came:
"Yes"

Happy Dance!

The heated steering wheel would be nice, but I will be holding this steering wheel far less than all my previous cars. :)

The wooden door flash accent would be even nicer, since the single plank of wood across the dash of my black on black vehicle looks a bit out of place (I was planning on swapping it out with some after market trim piece). But if that same wood accent kind of wraps around the front of the car (ie, from one door, across the dash, to the other door), then it's a decorative accent that makes more sense to me.

But the new heat pump - that's something that would be quite useful here in tropical Ohio.

The wooden door flash accent would be even nicer, since the single plank of wood across the dash of my black on black vehicle looks a bit out of place (I was planning on swapping it out with some after market trim piece). But if that same wood accent kind of wraps around the front of the car (ie, from one door, across the dash, to the other door), then it's a decorative accent that makes more sense to me.

I agree 100%. If they add the wood accents on the doors, I’ll leave it. Otherwise I’ll be forced to wrap, cover, or replace the dash strip. Also hoping for the heated steering wheel!

Tim

Last edited:
Reactions: TBrownTX
20210121_084557.jpg
Adjustable suspension coming soon ?
It is in user manual... 2020.48.26 version

https://twitter.com/greentheonly/status/1352052399779803142

Last edited:
For those of you in Europe who have delayed the purchase of a M3, there's good news:

made in China versions

It s all Model 3 versions, from Fremont, and perhaps some SR+ from China (?) but to be confirmed.
New prices are available since yesterday in France. Very very interesting for all Model 3 versions in particular SR+.