Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model 3 and differences from 2020

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(moderator note)

This thread has been "unstickied", however it is not locked. It will now rise and sink on its own. A thread on 2022 changes has already been started with some posts from this thread moved to it, along with some other relevant posts.

Please move discussion on 2022 changes to that thread.

• Informative
Reactions: byeLT4
Hi All,

I have just confirmed my Unicorn M3 SR+ has the 3D6 motor..... I was hoping to find either 980 or 990 motor....... then I could buy the aftermarket 3rd party "booster" for the 980 motor..... but I got neither lol

The motor number is as per this end with 740...

2021 Model 3 and differences from 2020 TMC said it updated

with Hairpin windings.... Which seems to be better....
if you are not bored with the video..

Seems have Higher torque from 420 to 440nm.... but 239kw from everywhere I see down to 220kw............... but it's the highest torque and highest max power motor from the Tesla owner's manual cn website.. no complaints.. Rated energy consumption on the sticker is 135 Wh/km....

No wonder it feels entirely a different car than I test drove...... seems a lot a lot smoother.... not sure if it's software updates or the "new" Chinese made Motor... very refine for sure.
Acceleration because I have a Samsung Phone... the App is no good hard to catch on... tested today.... 0-80km/h in 4.2secs.... don't have roads to test 100km... the Drag Racer App.... with 100% GPS accuracy.. Will on the app when I can to test out further...