Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model 3 cameras keep going out.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I picked up my 2021 Model 3 SR+ 3 weeks ago. About 5 times now all of the cameras on the car have stopped working. The rear camera and side cameras show nothing when I put it in reverse, and when driving I'm unable to use autopilot. If I leave the car parked long enough they work when I get back in. Power cycling the car does not fix the issue either. It actually made it worse one time.. The entire touch screen went dark and wouldn't come back on. I had to drive blind to work. It was back on and normal when I left about 8 hours later though.

This happen to anyone else? What did you do to fix it?

My service center, of course, is booked for months on days I'm off work. Good times.

I had a side camera that was problematic, particularly after I washed the car. It turned out that during assembly, Tesla had over-torqued something in the assembly and there was a crack in it which allowed water penetration. That caused the camera to short and be unreliable. It sounds like you may have additional problems, but that could be part of it.

Hello,

I picked up my 2021 Model 3 SR+ 3 weeks ago. About 5 times now all of the cameras on the car have stopped working. The rear camera and side cameras show nothing when I put it in reverse, and when driving I'm unable to use autopilot. If I leave the car parked long enough they work when I get back in. Power cycling the car does not fix the issue either. It actually made it worse one time.. The entire touch screen went dark and wouldn't come back on. I had to drive blind to work. It was back on and normal when I left about 8 hours later though.

This happen to anyone else? What did you do to fix it?

My service center, of course, is booked for months on days I'm off work. Good times.

There is nothing that you personally will be able to do to fix something like this. The fix is to put in an appointment, either service center or mobile service.