Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model 3 Door Rattles!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone having issues with the Tesla Model 3 doors rattling. My rear drivers side door has a continuous rattle driving on the highway above 60mph or so. My passenger side front door has a rattle when any bass is played over the speakers. I scheduled an appointment but this is superrrrr annoying. Wondering if there's a quick fix or any known issues.

Check the point where the b-pillars attaches to the ceiling. One of mine was not completely lined up and snapped in place. I pushed it in place with my hand and it’s fine now.

I do still have a rattle on my driver side door (maybe the window) that I’ll contact Tesla about at some point

Anyone having issues with the Tesla Model 3 doors rattling. My rear drivers side door has a continuous rattle driving on the highway above 60mph or so. My passenger side front door has a rattle when any bass is played over the speakers. I scheduled an appointment but this is superrrrr annoying. Wondering if there's a quick fix or any known issues.

My 2019 has had this except it's only with certain songs with heavy bass, not all. When I push the panel inward the rattling stops. Never cared to take it in to try and get it fixed but I might sometime this year lol

2021 SR + I have the same rattle on my 2021 on the passenger side door. Just like you said where the bottom of the arm rest meets the lower compartment area of the door. Please keep us posted if you or they find a fix!
I took mine in today. they have to take apart two doors and "insulate" them. the tech used a frequency generator app and it really started rattling like crazy at 65 on the front door. the rear door only rattles while driving, but of course we could not reproduce it today when I took it in. they said they're going to perform the same fix on that door too, in attempt to resolve the issue. sounds like it's covered by the warrantee.

I took mine in today. they have to take apart two doors and "insulate" them. the tech used a frequency generator app and it really started rattling like crazy at 65 on the front door. the rear door only rattles while driving, but of course we could not reproduce it today when I took it in. they said they're going to perform the same fix on that door too, in attempt to resolve the issue. sounds like it's covered by the warrantee.
Hi @jusflyguy ,

did you get this covered by warranty for both rear and front door? I have this rattling in my passenger side door, and starting to hear something in the rear as well. Exactly same as you described. Driving me nuts not being able to play whatever music I like..

I got it these noises too. Left rear rear door is the worst, and starts rattling while driving on somewhat worn out roads. When i hit the door handle, I hear a faint rattle. Funny thing is that when I lower the window a bit, it disappears... Anyone else with these symptoms?

2021 Model Y. 1097 miles. Perfect cond. Passenger door, interior bottom front edge where black plastic speaker enclosure meets the metal door is loose/easily moved about and rattles like hell.

OH, and FWiW, YoYo Ma cello solos must strike the perfect resonance. That music makes it rattle sitting idle.

I got it these noises too. Left rear rear door is the worst, and starts rattling while driving on somewhat worn out roads. When i hit the door handle, I hear a faint rattle. Funny thing is that when I lower the window a bit, it disappears... Anyone else with these symptoms?
Did you ever find the source of this rattle?

Having the exact same problem - worn out road rattle right side of car but goes away when lowering the window

Did you find out what this rattle was due to? I have the same behavior on my front drivers door/windows….goes away when I roll down window

Did the noise go away after the additional insulation?