Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model 3 Frunk Mat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got this from Ali Express. Arrived today.

Took about 3 weeks to arrive. Have to say I’m impressed with the quality. Cost £18.95

Frunk mat

Attachments

• E90F1351-F329-4D69-9420-6FE08233D391.jpeg
    E90F1351-F329-4D69-9420-6FE08233D391.jpeg
    407.8 KB · Views: 104
Why might you want to charge the 12v battery?

12v battery charges off the main battery as required and if there is a major issue, you can add supplementary power via the tow hook opening in the front bumper. If 12v totally failed, you probably wouldn't be able to access the trunk so the only access to 12v would be via the supplementary power.
I had a spare connector so I fitted it not knowing if I would ever need or be able to use it. I've not used it so far, and I think you're right, I probably never will. Thanks for comment.

I bought this one for the frunk of my M3LR 21. Although is states Trunk, it is actually for the Frunk:

IMG_6967.JPG

Also bought the mat below (standard version) for the trunk which matches the one above:

Remind me not to use Ali express again. Frunk mat has gone missing. Tracking says address incorrect and delivery attempted. Both seller and Ali want proof I have asked the post office of it is there. I asked over the phone and the local post office and sorting office said nothing there. How do I show them proof? The tracking number which looks like a Royal Mail one does not work either. I have had to open a PayPal dispute. Does anyone know one I can get in the UK?

Frunk - Anyone know if the 2021 is beaded or smooth?

Final purchase......
Its 'beaded', you can see from the photos the beaded one is smaller and has no hooks, that's the one we're getting.

Just have to let it settle. Had the same problem with the boot mat (also OEM). You could put stuff at the sides for a few days to push out the lip.

My non OEM mat cost £13.50 on Ebay in 2019 ... it took about an hour to flatten and certainly didn't have rippled sides! I've just seen the cost of the official Tesla mat ... I'd definitely want it perfect!!

Reactions: Durzel