Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model 3 Frunk Mat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

After picking up my M3, I was wondering if any of the new 2021 owners have a drunk mat, that they can confirm fits the 2021 model. I believe our frunk's are smaller due to the heat pump.

It would be great to grab a link or two from somebody.

Thank you kindly!

This is the only frunk mat that I've seen that claims compatibility with the 2021 models:

£19.21 | LUCKEASY front trunk mat for Tesla Model3 2020-2021 TPE All-Weather Waterproof and Wearable pad (new model3 2020-21)
US $24.9 |LUCKEASY front trunk mat for Tesla Model3 2020 2021 TPE All Weather Waterproof and Wearable pad (new model3 2020 21)|Floor Mats| - AliExpress
Tesla call the new frunks the ‘beaded basin’ whereas the old ones were the ‘smooth basin’
You can only get the carpet one for the new frunk from Tesla, the rubber mats are still smooth basin only.

Thank you both! Appreciate it!

Reactions: Goatex
US $19.52 40% Off | 2021 New Car Front Trunk Storage Mat For Tesla Model 3 Cargo Tray Trunk TPE Waterproof Pads Model3 2017-2021
US $19.52 40% OFF|2021 New Car Front Trunk Storage Mat For Tesla Model 3 Cargo Tray Trunk TPE Waterproof Pads Model3 2017 2021| | - AliExpress

just ordered one of these. See how it goes!
The images on that AliExpress mat shows a frunk with the frunk hooks. There aren’t frunk hooks in the 2021 model, so looks like that mat is for the pre-2021 model.

I've just gone out and taken a few photos. If you wonder what the lead is at the top, it is a socket to charge the 12V battery easily with a home charger should I need to.

Attachments

• IMG_2558.JPG
    IMG_2558.JPG
    890.6 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_2561.JPG
    IMG_2561.JPG
    716.6 KB · Views: 193
Reactions: OttoR and Tigermad
I've just gone out and taken a few photos. If you wonder what the lead is at the top, it is a socket to charge the 12V battery easily with a home charger should I need to.
Is that a CTEK charger?

My last ICE car was an Alfa Romeo and that model was plagued with battery charging issues and I had a CTEK charger wired into the boot in a similar fashion as that was where the battery was. I had the Alfa and the Tesla parked on the driveway for a few months and used to plug the Alfa into the mains more than the Tesla.

I’ve a September 2020 Model 3, and as mentioned previously the frunk is the same shape as the 2021 models. I bought a Tesla mat from the Tesla store for £32. Quite expensive for what it is, but it matches the other rugs. On the Tesla page there is a drop down box to choose between smooth or beaded basin. The newer ones are the beaded basin.

Model 3 Frunk Mat

Tesla do weatherproof frunk mats as well, but they don’t show being available for the newer ones yet.

Reactions: Tigermad
If you wonder what the lead is at the top, it is a socket to charge the 12V battery easily with a home charger should I need to.

Why might you want to charge the 12v battery?

12v battery charges off the main battery as required and if there is a major issue, you can add supplementary power via the tow hook opening in the front bumper. If 12v totally failed, you probably wouldn't be able to access the trunk so the only access to 12v would be via the supplementary power.

Reactions: Adopado