Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model 3 heater not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yeah it really is off topic (lol), but I am also surfing here attempting to avoid doing some work as we return back from the holiday break (lmao).

Anyway, I am not going to move it, but would encourage any other discussion about TSLA as an investment to be directed to the (very active) community that is here on TMC specifically for that. You can find it here:

TSLA Investor Discussions

I dont participate in that part of TMC (I dont own any TSLA), but I understand that community is very active, and might interest you, as it appears you have some interest in the topic.
I truly didn’t know but there was a post in here where someone said that the hearing “heat pump issue”’ would cause the stock to crash “on Monday” and there were a couple responses. I have a very powerful gift for making very short stories long and wordy. It really is good for absolutely nothing besides making people crazy.

Thanks though and it’s nice to see the moderators, seemingly like the community here are kind and helpful. I will check it out. Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi all, checking in from the Model Y forum - this is an issue with numerous owners, seemingly cars from Sept onwards. There also seem to be 2 different issues - one fixed by SW update and one requiring several parts - sensors, hoses, AC parts.... There are several active threads about this. Hopefully it doesn’t become an issue for M3 owners with the heat pump....

• Informative
Reactions: Phlier
Has it been determined if this is a hardware issue or software issue?
I was at the TESLA SC for a tire rotation today. I asked about Model Y/3 Heat Pump issues in cold climates. He said the only issue they have come across is some Model Ys/3s temperature sensors have failed and the part replacement is done within 15 minutes. Also, a co-worker purchased a June build Model Y and we live in NY. He said his Model Y heater has never failed and he finds he has to turn it down often. My gut feeling believes this is a specific manufactured lot that have the sensor issue. There is no evidence otherwise on that.

Reactions: EnrgyNDpndnce
Hi Everyone,
I have a 2021 TM3. the one with the heat pump ;-)
This week-end I was on a road trip with my family, We went to Ottawa (200km from Montreal).
On saturday every thing went well but today it was a nightmare.
This morning, I entered the adresse for a supercharger, the car started to precondition the battery but the heater was OFF!
it was -25 degres celcius outside, and I had my 4-year kid in the car.
I charged the car at 85%, reboot twice...still nothing.
So we had to come back to MTL without heater, with the freezing temperature.
I requested a service from Tesla, and I want to know if I'm the only one with this kind of issue.
How can I fix that?

They replaced three sensors and now the heating works fine..

Attachments

• HeatPump.jpg
    HeatPump.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 133
  • Informative
Reactions: KenC
Hi Everyone,
I have a 2021 TM3. the one with the heat pump ;-)
This week-end I was on a road trip with my family, We went to Ottawa (200km from Montreal).
On saturday every thing went well but today it was a nightmare.
This morning, I entered the adresse for a supercharger, the car started to precondition the battery but the heater was OFF!
it was -25 degres celcius outside, and I had my 4-year kid in the car.
I charged the car at 85%, reboot twice...still nothing.
So we had to come back to MTL without heater, with the freezing temperature.
I requested a service from Tesla, and I want to know if I'm the only one with this kind of issue.
How can I fix that?
Dont worry, you are not the only one! Just look on facebook page** Tesla model 3 quebec** Most people have heater issue, including me! But if it happen, go to tesla chat on their website, tell the problem, they will send an update on your car and heater will work, but you will have to take an appointment to replace the sensor.

My first car was a 1963 Buick Special that three of us drove from college in Wisconsin through the UP then down through Buffalo on our way to upstate NY for Thanksgiving break - with no heater. We all had blankets on and the front passenger had an ice scraper to scrape the ice from our breathing off the inside of the windshield while I drove.

My dad and I installed a new heater core for the trip back. I’m glad yours was quickly fixed. Canada gets pretty cold in the winter!