Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model 3 in White Exterior or MSM?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,
I want to place an order for M3P.
I was planning to order the car in MSM since it is easier to maintain clean but when I went for the test drive, I must say that I didn't like the MSM with the black trim (chrome delete). There was a white 2021 there which looks very nice with the black trim and I like it better than the MSM but to be honest I am worried that I might have to drive weekly in car wash.

I am not able to judge since my previous two cars were in silver which was very easy to maintain clean.

Could you please tell me your experience with white and/or MSM and how hard/easy to keep it clean?

Thanks in advance

I have a 2020 M3 with white exterior and it is not difficult to keep clean but I also do not live where it snows much if at all. I just came back from a trip (not in my M3) from Boulder CO and saw a few white 3 and Y’s that looked very dirty, especially in the back trunk area. The MSM looks really good in my opinion and think that might be a better option if you are super obsessive about your car looking clean. Then again if I could go back and do it all over again I would still get white!

I have a 2020 M3 with white exterior and it is not difficult to keep clean but I also do not live where it snows much if at all. I just came back from a trip (not in my M3) from Boulder CO and saw a few white 3 and Y’s that looked very dirty, especially in the back trunk area. The MSM looks really good in my opinion and think that might be a better option if you are super obsessive about your car looking clean. Then again if I could go back and do it all over again I would still get white!

Thanks for the reply .... I placed my order yesterday and decided to go with the white :)

Reactions: SeaM3White2021
So many opinions on here but I have owned both in a short space of time and all I’ll say is I’m glad I chose the MSM. I purchased the white first and almost immediately regretted it when I collected it. Now I have the MSM and its what I should have purchased first time round.

Honestly though, it’s personal preference. The white is a really cool color with the black trim contrast, it just wasn’t for me.

As I say on most things in life, go with your gut. It’s usually the best measure.

Now go order it and enter the painstaking process of waiting for your car and the inevitable anxiety of what shape the car you get will be in when you pick it up, it’s a pot luck.

Enjoy

same dilmena here, I was dead set on white w/ white seats, loved the light color, with silver wheels. but now that everything is dark (black trim and charcoal wheels), i am leaning towards the gray, as I don't like the black and white look...ugh

I originally wanted the MSM, my previous car was a dark blue metallic. I chose white because I decided I was going to wrap my car so I would be fine with the "free" color. My goodness, I got so tired of seeing my twin car on the highway for the few months leading up to my wrap. White is definitely popular. I see blue and black often as well and have only seen MSM a few times. However, the white was easier to maintain compared to my partner's black model 3. I definitely finish washing my car way faster than he does and I drive mine more often.

Attachments

• 20210213_120440.jpg
    20210213_120440.jpg
    582.3 KB · Views: 611
Reactions: Gutta420 and Kienan
I originally wanted the MSM, my previous car was a dark blue metallic. I chose white because I decided I was going to wrap my car so I would be fine with the "free" color. My goodness, I got so tired of seeing my twin car on the highway for the few months leading up to my wrap. White is definitely popular. I see blue and black often as well and have only seen MSM a few times. However, the white was easier to maintain compared to my partner's black model 3. I definitely finish washing my car way faster than he does and I drive mine more often.
I know this thread is pretty old but that wrap is sick !