Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model 3 LR Seat Creak

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I've got a three week old M3 LR, and I've noticed that when entering/exiting the car and when moving around, the drivers seat seems to creak (See video). I've checked and no part of the seat is rubbing against the centre console, it feels like the creak is coming from inside the seat. The creak isn't very loud but drives me crazy, has any other users had this same issue? I've booked a service centre visit for them to look at this issue in Bristol, does anyone know whether any waiting area is available? I wasn't sure whether they would due to the pandemic and I wouldn't want to be stuck outside waiting.

Can’t help with the creak but I’m not aware of a waiting area at Bristol. If there is I’ve never been in it, directed to it, or seen anyone else coming from it while I’ve been waiting (outside)

I had the exact same issue on my 2021 SR+. Some kind of plastic/rubber grommet inside the seat back had unseated (not a pun) itself and was rubbing against an adjacent metal piece, and was an easy fix for the Chelmsford SC. The perceived quality of the car is so much higher without the creaking noise! Good luck getting yours sorted out 👍

• Helpful
Reactions: Durzel
Hi,

I've got a three week old M3 LR, and I've noticed that when entering/exiting the car and when moving around, the drivers seat seems to creak (See video). I've checked and no part of the seat is rubbing against the centre console, it feels like the creak is coming from inside the seat. The creak isn't very loud but drives me crazy, has any other users had this same issue? I've booked a service centre visit for them to look at this issue in Bristol, does anyone know whether any waiting area is available? I wasn't sure whether they would due to the pandemic and I wouldn't want to be stuck outside waiting.

Yes I have the same issue, on ingress & egress and round bends, got it back back from service today for what seemed an IP Rattle. This apparently was the rear seat bolster, which has cured what was thought to be an IP rattle. Had a good look today and can’t see anything obvious, tried seat in different positions, appears to be inside the backrest.