Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket yoke steering wheel in Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If anyone has $2,000 laying around with their income tax return I thought I would share a find I found looking to upgrade the S/X yoke.

Maybe I'm slow, but even with the explanation of "airbag solution" I still don't get the point of this. How is it any different than one of the $500 carbon fiber yokes on Amazon? Is it just the S/X style controls?

Maybe I'm slow, but even with the explanation of "airbag solution" I still don't get the point of this. How is it any different than one of the $500 carbon fiber yokes on Amazon? Is it just the S/X style controls?
Why would you want the controls on the S/X anyway? I have them on my S and I've grown to hate them even more than the yoke.

• Helpful
Reactions: afadeev
1674687759536.png

I installed the hanshow yoke today, and have really enjoyed it so far. During the install process, one of the little O-rings wasn’t seating in the place, so my horn got stuck in the on position. I was able to take the airbag out again and readjust, and now everything‘s working perfectly. The horn works the two knobs work and the heated steering wheel works. Really liking these to get in and out now.
IMG_4071.jpeg
IMG_4064.jpeg
IMG_4066.jpeg

Reactions: zoomer0056
Shipping took 1 week. Got the version with gloss carbon fiber for protection near hand grips. Tested out yoke on model x test drive and loved it. This yoke was a perfect fit for my m3p.

Feels super stable. Only recommendation would be to keep stock buttons as per the tesstudio install vid. The buttons with hansshow are made of hard rubber instead of metal like stock.

If in the ATX area, Brian at Austin auto finishes does a great job with aftermarket installs. Brian owns 3 teslas and his shop does a lot of teslas.

install vid that I sent my shop:

1000004305.jpg

1000004264.jpg

1000004263.jpg

Dunno if it's already been mentioned or not. Hand inside the yoke in parking lots. Spin the wheel 270 degrees right and left rapidly with much more control than a round wheel. Left hand: Grip top of yoke on the inside for rapid right. Bottom on the inside for left.

Last edited:
Nice gotta try those out. I have noticed that I get more precise steering when going at speeds on back country roads. Hitting the apex is much easier for both left and right turns. I havent done too many 90deg+ turns at speed. I plan to auto cross the car(once i have sway bars installed) and then these techniques might come in handy. all in all i am pleasantly surprised. Installed the yoke for aesthetics but the handling/ergonomics boost is a plus.