Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket yoke steering wheel in Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hello, does it have the holes on the sides to release the air bag and get behind it, if you need to remove the yoke? thank you
Greetings. Not sure about all yoke steering wheels currently being sold out there. However, the yoke model I purchased from Aroham does have those two holes on the back side to release the airbag assembly, in case you ever want to remove the yoke and re-install the OEM steering wheel.

• Informative
Reactions: wassup and jebinc
Greetings. Not sure about all yoke steering wheels currently being sold out there. However, the yoke model I purchased from Aroham does have those two holes on the back side to release the airbag assembly, in case you ever want to remove the yoke and re-install the OEM steering wheel.
Thanks, I can make a order now. Should I need to tell them my is 2021 oct model y after I make a order?

Thanks, I can make a order now. Should I need to tell them my is 2021 oct model y after I make a order?
Some retailers offer a heated steering wheel option for their yoke (to accommodate 2021 model 3’s and Y’s). It is not necessary, but if you want the yoke to be heated, then you should ask the retailer to include/provide the extra wiring harness for the heating element.

Reactions: wassup and jebinc
I also finished the installation. It's so handsome. I like it very much. I bought it from this shop. The price is cheap and the hand feels very good.jsut use 3 weeks to get it

QQ图片20211113132116.jpg
QQ图片20211113132121.jpg
QQ图片20211113132124.jpg

Hello Tesla people. I was thinking about putting a yoke style steering wheel in my 2021 M3 Performance: a Yoke steering wheel + this HUD just might be the combination I was looking for. Has anyone tried this HUD? I found it on Ali Express. Is it worth it? $500 (yoke) + $738 (HUD)? Let me know what you guys think. (link)
hud2.jpg
hud.jpg
3_yoke.jpg

@Jaenonymous This is the connector in question, that you want installed prior to shipping. Send them the picture, after ordering, via message seller on AliExpress

View attachment 716669

Just got my yoke in today. I didnt order until about a month ago. Resurrecting this as I wanted to ask you where does this heated wire from the new yoke plug into? Is it extremely obvious? I wont have my MYP back from the shop for another week or two, so Im excitingly waiting.

Here is the yoke though! Went black, heated, with white carbon fiber. Came out great!

IMG_0601.jpg

Reactions: JETS BLY
Hello Tesla people. I was thinking about putting a yoke style steering wheel in my 2021 M3 Performance: a Yoke steering wheel + this HUD just might be the combination I was looking for. Has anyone tried this HUD? I found it on Ali Express. Is it worth it? $500 (yoke) + $738 (HUD)? Let me know what you guys think. (link)

i dont think the dash screen is worth it just because it doesnt add anything (and the good looking one you picked doesnt have android auto)....
I think itd be a different matter if tesla would allow us to collapse the main screen. But as v11 showed this wont happen.
The technology is definetly there as people with FSD builts can expand the AP view to fill the full screen.

I'd be worried about getting an insurance claim denied, or worse, being liable in a collision, due to this unauthorized modification to the car.

Aftermarket yoke should be for off-road use only, not public roads IMO.

....arent you from the USA? like where everyone can modify their car as they please and there are no inspections, emission tests etc?
This isnt germany haha

I'd be worried about getting an insurance claim denied, or worse, being liable in a collision, due to this unauthorized modification to the car.

Aftermarket yoke should be for off-road use only, not public roads IMO.
LOL. Insurance providers don't require homologated parts to pay out a claim. You're attempting to equate aftermarket parts to insurance denials, simply for having a non-standard part installed.
If this were the case, every insurance company would look for things like off-road tires on a sedan, after market exhaust systems, wider tires, non-standard body kits, oversize brake kits and rotors, ceramic rotors, etc... As ways to deny claims.
Sorry, but a Yoke (which is standard on half of Tesla's line up of vehicles) isn't going to prevent a claim.

P.S. "Unauthorized modification"? Do you think people need approval from someone to make changes to their cars?

• Funny
Reactions: JaeTheDev