Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket yoke steering wheel in Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
so how do you have all these coal rollers then or people who modify the engine of their mustang to produce 1500hp etc. Surely theyd all fail the emission tests?
They either change the modification back to standard for the test, find a shop they can bribe to pass them, sell the vehicle prior to yearly testing, are government/military and not required OR the vehicle is so old, it's not required to meet current standards.
But, the people that fit into these categories are a very tiny demographic of the 15 million registered vehicles in California.

• Informative
Reactions: Candleflame
Just got my yoke in today. I didnt order until about a month ago. Resurrecting this as I wanted to ask you where does this heated wire from the new yoke plug into? Is it extremely obvious? I wont have my MYP back from the shop for another week or two, so Im excitingly waiting.

Here is the yoke though! Went black, heated, with white carbon fiber. Came out great!

View attachment 749012
If your Y have heating you will find the right plug... if not, no.
You have to unmount this harness. The plug is the small blue.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211015-104702_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20211015-104702_Samsung Internet.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 160
Hi am thinking of getting the new yolk steering wheel. There are plenty out there and very simple to fit. I have a late 2019 performance mode 3
Question / if I bought a heated yolk. Would it plug straight into the where the original steering wheel came off from and would it work. Or does the car need something else.
The yolk is heated and still has the same 2 connectors as the stock steering wheel.
Would the car automatically recognise it’s heated and it show on the screen and the app?
Also anyone recently done the change over and any useful tips or videos on how to do it. My main concern was disconnecting the power. Different videos show different methods.
Suggestions.

Hi am thinking of getting the new yolk steering wheel. There are plenty out there and very simple to fit. I have a late 2019 performance mode 3.
Question / if I bought a heated yolk. Would it plug straight into the where the original steering wheel came off from and would it work. Or does the car need something else.
The yolk is heated and still has the same 2 connectors as the stock steering wheel.
Would the car automatically recognise it’s heated and it show on the screen and the app?
Also anyone recently done the change over and any useful tips or videos on how to do it. My main concern was disconnecting the power. Different videos show different methods.
Suggestions.

Unfortunately, your particular vehicle lacks both the hardware (wiring harness) and software required to make any aftermarket heated steering wheel or yoke work properly. Even if you could figure out a way to run the needed wires and tap into an appropriate power source, your vehicle’s computer will not recognize the heating function on the aftermarket steering wheel or yoke. For various reasons (the most obvious being safety & liability), Tesla would never allow this.

So, if you decide to go with a yoke, I would suggest getting the non-heated version to save yourself a little money (& possibly a lot of aggravation). Good luck!!

Is there a link you can post for the same yolk non heated as your all buying please. Thanks
Below is a link to the one I ordered/installed. These yokes are offered in a few different styles, shapes and finishes. So, pick the style and finish you like the most. Also, be sure to ask the seller to ship you a yoke that is designed to fit a European built Model 3/Y. I believe European built Model 3/Y’s have a slightly different steering column design than U.S. built vehicles. See post #239 on page 12 and post #305 on page 16 for more details on these differences.

Reactions: JETS BLY
Cool. Out of curiosity, how is the heat uniformity/feel on the yoke, compared to the OEM steering wheel? I’m guessing it’s decent until you get near the very top/ends of the yoke, where the heating element may not provide as much coverage.
On mine, the heat is near the nubs at the top and to the side and at the bottom area, where you can rest your hands. Not the whole yoke, in other words. Just wherever the heating elements are placed.
My stock steering wheel got extremely hot after just 30 seconds. Always had to turn it off, it got so hot. The Aroham yoke takes a couple minutes to get warm and feels more like any other heated steering wheel I've owned. Not scorching hot, just nice and warm. I prefer this way!

Finally got my Aroham yoke steering wheel direct from Aroham. Didn't want to deal with any resellers.
This yoke is exactly how Tesla needs to make their yokes. It's a work of art. Came with the heating element installed and carbon fiber inserts. Had to exchange the internals from the stock wheel to the yoke. All in all took about 20 minutes. Torqued the center bolt to 80N/m. 90 seemed way to high.
The heating element works great and they put the wraps exactly where they should go under the leather.
Getting used to steering with it, but like it so far! Highly recommend buying from Aroham directly. They ship via FedEx and got mine in exactly 2 weeks from when I ordered it.

Attachments

• PXL_20220123_193116948.jpg
    PXL_20220123_193116948.jpg
    500.1 KB · Views: 103
  • PXL_20220123_193157319.jpg
    PXL_20220123_193157319.jpg
    470.9 KB · Views: 110
Reactions: GreenHokie
Finally got my Aroham yoke steering wheel direct from Aroham. Didn't want to deal with any resellers.
This yoke is exactly how Tesla needs to make their yokes. It's a work of art. Came with the heating element installed and carbon fiber inserts. Had to exchange the internals from the stock wheel to the yoke. All in all took about 20 minutes. Torqued the center bolt to 80N/m. 90 seemed way to high.
The heating element works great and they put the wraps exactly where they should go under the leather.
Getting used to steering with it, but like it so far! Highly recommend buying from Aroham directly. They ship via FedEx and got mine in exactly 2 weeks from when I ordered it.

Nice! I love the red stitching. I definitely would have gone with that color if they had offered it back when I ordered mine.
I agree the quality & finish on the Aroham yoke is superb. Definitely better than my OEM steering wheel from Tesla.
Enjoy it!!

Reactions: LBM4