Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket yoke steering wheel in Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dang, that’s a good response from your buddy at Homie, BangMeGood Autoparts!! 🤪

Sadly, my dealing with Aroham Official Store has not been as positive. The person there keeps saying the seam on the back side is not a design flaw and asking me to accept it. Of course, I’ve told them I will not accept it and to build/ship me a new one without the seam. Screen capture of conversation attached below. Waiting for their response…

Perhaps I need to find me a homie at BangMeGood Autoparts to take care of my order!!! :p
Ahhhh, the joy in dealing with these overseas sellers…

View attachment 710020
@GreenHokie Well, we'll see if my "BangMeGood" friend, Homie, delivers. :rolleyes: We should know by Monday. Looking forward to seeing what response you get from your friend, "BangMeWithSand"! 😂

Note: My MYP arrives this weekend, so Homie best delivery my wheel!

• Funny
Reactions: GreenHokie
Cool wheel ,but not for me.
Too much flash and not enough substance for me to change. In some respects it reminds me of folks that put LED lighting underneath their cars. Looks different, grabs attention, but what’s the point? I guess to each his own. My car has coilovers, different sway bars, a trunk lift that works with the app etc perfectly, and real wood veneer on the center console. Works for me, but others might say “what’s the point”. Whatever makes you happy I suppose.

I cannot see it being it being functionally better than a regular wheel. I get it to some degree on the Model S cuz of the front screen view being obstructed. i’d be curious how it might effect most drivers when they have to make a sudden maneuver due to an impending accident.

Reactions: sunfarm
Too much flash and not enough substance for me to change. In some respects it reminds me of folks that put LED lighting underneath their cars. Looks different, grabs attention, but what’s the point? I guess to each his own. My car has coilovers, different sway bars, a trunk lift that works with the app etc perfectly, and real wood veneer on the center console. Works for me, but others might say “what’s the point”. Whatever makes you happy I suppose.

I cannot see it being it being functionally better than a regular wheel. I get it to some degree on the Model S cuz of the front screen view being obstructed. i’d be curious how it might effect most drivers when they have to make a sudden maneuver due to an impending accident.
@Huskyfan I have a Plaid and prefer the yoke for cruising and autopilot comfort. That's why I'm getting one for my MYP. Nothing to do with looks; that's just an extra perk. Go DAWGS! Edit: 0-2 is not a good start to the season, however....

@GreenHokie I heard from Homie overnight and things are looking positive.

14C8DD81-D96C-48BF-8E24-50F517544C94.png

I am driven S Plaid for 5 days and found yoke not comfortable for me especially when I make a turns. I found no any benefits if I change it on my M3LR except problems ( warranty void, insurance claim can be denied because modification and even third party can blame you -you created accident because modification). Many people like Russian roulette before something happen and after that scratch their plums and ask why? 🤣

@jebinc Thanks for the update. Hope they come through and it arrives early next week. Congrats on the new MYP. Hope the delivery event goes well this weekend.

I did get a reply from my peep at Aroham. Looks like they’ll build/ship another one for me (without the seam). Who knows when it will be ready to ship. I’ve ask them to use express/air shipment. Also had to dangle a carrot about possibly giving them a 5 star rating if the product meets expectations in terms of quality and fit/finish. We’ll see…

39F151F2-259C-4667-9A65-490AFBDBC247.png

• Love
Reactions: jebinc
So I have a question....

If the yoke or "chopped off" steering wheel's purpose is to view the screen infront of the wheel as seen in the model X and S, whats the purpose in the model 3? Theres only a dashboard? Now your down half your steering wheel.

Ok...it looks cool, and I guess if your gonna add an extra screen....but, well,....did I said it looks cool?

R
It doesn't just look cool, it feels cool, too! I mean without all that extra steering wheel on top, the air from the vents can blow into your face without any hindrance or restriction. Now, if it's Winter, maybe it won't be cool, but warmth instead.

• Love
Reactions: jebinc
Because the technology and fundamentals of the vehicle are strong.

The yoke detracts from the driving experience and serves no functional purpose other than to be different.
What’s wrong with being different? Isn’t that enough reason? Why don’t we all wear the same clothes and cut our hair identical to each other? It’s ok to fear change I understand, but we are all beautiful people even if we want to be different.

What’s wrong with being different? Isn’t that enough reason? Why don’t we all wear the same clothes and cut our hair identical to each other? It’s ok to fear change I understand, but we are all beautiful people even if we want to be different.
You could paint a pink racing stripe and put a ridiculous spoiler on the car too. That’s different. Doesn’t mean it’s a good idea or that others will follow suit. The yoke is stupid on the S, it’s downright idiotic on the Y.

Let’s stop trying to make the yoke “a thing”.