Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket yoke steering wheel in Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@GreenHokie My friend at Homie “WeBangYouSoGood” auto parts came through! Should have the seamless one in hand 10-14 days, I suspect!

Thanks for the tip, @BojangleGuy !
5A8C4508-644C-43E9-9A0F-36E93CCBECE3.png

Reactions: GreenHokie
You could paint a pink racing stripe and put a ridiculous spoiler on the car too. That’s different. Doesn’t mean it’s a good idea or that others will follow suit. The yoke is stupid on the S, it’s downright idiotic on the Y.

Let’s stop trying to make the yoke “a thing”.
I good idea according to you? Are you the only person in the world? What if everyone looked like you and did everything like you? Would you be happy?

On a side not to everyone: Sorry to anyone trying to get information from this thread. Seems like some people want you to do what they like and you are “idiotic” if you like anything different from them.

I good idea according to you? Are you the only person in the world? What if everyone looked like you and did everything like you? Would you be happy?

On a side not to everyone: Sorry to anyone trying to get information from this thread. Seems like some people want you to do what they like and you are “idiotic” if you like anything different from them.
I feel like such an idiot.... NOT!

A good idea according to the generally accepted real-world practice of driving a vehicle.

You do what you want. But the yoke is still stupid. If you take that to mean, by extension, that you are also stupid, I really don’t know what to tell you.

My vehicle came with a yoke and I do not consider myself to be stupid. But I would gladly replace the yoke with a round wheel if it were available.

You could paint a pink racing stripe and put a ridiculous spoiler on the car too. That’s different. Doesn’t mean it’s a good idea or that others will follow suit. The yoke is stupid on the S, it’s downright idiotic on the Y.

Let’s stop trying to make the yoke “a thing”.
I’m not trying to make the Yoke a “thing”. Its honestly something I would enjoy. My money, my enjoyment - what’s the problem? Why would I enjoy it? Because I like to drive and for example on my latest 3000m roadtrip, the shape of the bottom of the yoke would’ve been really really nice to hold my hands when on autopilot and during the really curvy parts of the drive, the yoke would’ve been just cool and fun to drive with.

Fun. Its why I have my car. Yoke makes it more fun. Therefore…

PS.
Why do you care?

• Funny
Reactions: ArturoM and jebinc
Going on 1 week now and I am surprised that I like it better than the round wheel. Feels like a F1 car or go cart while steering and easy to make sharp turns onec you know where to hold. But mainly it is a ton more comfortable while cruising. Can rest my arms on my legs and hold the bottom corners of the yoke. Keeps my shoulders in a relaxed non extended position. Won’t be going back to round anytime soon.

07EB7421-E2FB-4BB5-BDAC-C819078BFC84.jpeg

Going on 1 week now and I am surprised that I like it better than the round wheel. Feels like a F1 car or go cart while steering and easy to make sharp turns onec you know where to hold. But mainly it is a ton more comfortable while cruising. Can rest my arms on my legs and hold the bottom corners of the yoke. Keeps my shoulders in a relaxed non extended position. Won’t be going back to round anytime soon.

Mine should arrive soon... looking forward to it. 👍👍

It'll be very weird going back to a wheel I would have thought. I'm already finding it weird going back to my ICE car when moving it about.

Long live the future 😁

Reactions: jebinc
If he had said, "your yoke looks awesome and makes the car so much better, and he was planning to add one now," would you also ask "why do you care?"

Moral of the story is don't post on a public forum if you don't want people to respond with what they think. That's just craziness.
I think it's fine saying "I don't like it". It's different if you say "you're an idiot for liking it". So to take your analogy, I would think it's weird if someone came and said "your yoke looks awesome and you're brilliant and awesome and everyone else is an idiot".

Reactions: PITA
I've considering getting a yoke for my 3. Why?? because I would like to try it and it looks different.

The Aroham yoke from AliExpress has a great price BUT it does not come with the guts of the factory steering wheel which has to be transferred from the factory wheel to the yoke.

The yoke from Hansshow costs double the price of the yoke from AliExpress but it does come with the guts of the factory wheel and nothing needs to be transferred giving me two complete wheels.

2 Questions:
Is it hard to take the guts out of the factory wheel and transfer it in the Aroham yoke? Doing so, can save me $350.

Those that have installed a yoke: Some say to disconnect the battery and the main battery before uninstalling the wheel. Others say no need to disconnect the batteries.

What say you?