Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model 3 Performance dash and door covers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

I've ordered a model 3 performance with the black interior that comes with wood on the dash and on the doors.

I'm not a fan of the wood and would like to cover it somehow if possible.

I see online that there are 3M self adhesive covers you can get for the dash on the 2019 model 3 but can't find anything for the 2021 and the doors?

As anyone found a solution yet?

Hi All,

I've ordered a model 3 performance with the black interior that comes with wood on the dash and on the doors.

I'm not a fan of the wood and would like to cover it somehow if possible.

I see online that there are 3M self adhesive covers you can get for the dash on the 2019 model 3 but can't find anything for the 2021 and the doors?

As anyone found a solution yet?
I seem to recall that R Symons do a kit (alcantara I think)

Matching Alcantara and Door Insert set here:

I've got bought the dash and console side trims from them, excellent quality and service. These aren't just covers, the actual wood is removed and reupholstered so your not adding any thickness to the parts.

10 min job to remove dash, suspect the door inserts are just as easy with a good pry tool.

You purchase including a deposit that you get back when you return your original parts.

Reactions: Doudeau
Thanks all.

Was hoping for a matt black of carbon fibre look.

I'm hoping they will be readily avaliable soon. Car should be delivered by mid Sept so theres plenty of time 🤞

I've ordered the model 3 Performance in Midnight Silver and I'm also considering getting the windows tinted. Have any of you done this, would you recommend it?

Was hoping for a matt black of carbon fibre look.
Have a look at these, they're abs covers that stick on with tape, multiple styles including matt carbon fibre:

If you have a look at the rest of that store you'll find a matching dash cover. Try and find a one piece if possible, otherwise there'll be a visible join behind the cars display.

I've used this seller for multiple orders and they tend to deliver fast, within 2-3 weeks and the quality of their products has always been good.

Reactions: sparkymark75
Have a look at these, they're abs covers that stick on with tape, multiple styles including matt carbon fibre:

If you have a look at the rest of that store you'll find a matching dash cover. Try and find a one piece if possible, otherwise there'll be a visible join behind the cars display.

I've used this seller for multiple orders and they tend to deliver fast, within 2-3 weeks and the quality of their products has always been good.
Have you used these yourself? I’ve seen people saying the stick on trim pieces aren’t as good as replacement items because the wood dash has a texture to it which shows through when you stick something over it.

Have you used these yourself? I’ve seen people saying the stick on trim pieces aren’t as good as replacement items because the wood dash has a texture to it which shows through when you stick something over it.
I think they're referring to the vinyl skins, these are plastic caps that stick on.

My car is a 2020 model so no wood on the door inserts.

It's expensive though.

I assume the older covers will fit the dash section, you'd just have to wait until they release something for the door sections.
I made no comment or judgement regarding price, just an attempt to answer the question as to who sells covers/kits but…agreed, it’s VERY expensive, but for all I know, it might also be VERY good quality, I’ve never seen or bought their kit so unfortunately don’t have any personal experience other than the company seems to be well respected in the Tesla community.

Thank you mate, I will see what I can find 👍

Reactions: Medved_77
Gone with these in the end. Door trim from the seller recommended by Medved_77 👍

Dash trim is from a different seller.

Both units are in a Matt Carbon fibre, hopefully the match 🤞

I will post pics one theyve arrived for anyone who's interested.

£25.65 5%OFF | LUCKEAS Auto Accessories Interior Modification For Tesla Model 3 Model Y 2020-2021 Car Door Inner CarbonFiber Decoration Trim

Let's shop together on AliExpress with new user coupons
Your £0.74 in coupons are here!

Gone with these in the end. Door trim from the seller recommended by Medved_77 👍

Dash trim is from a different seller.

Both units are in a Matt Carbon fibre, hopefully the match 🤞

I will post pics one theyve arrived for anyone who's interested.

£25.65 5%OFF | LUCKEAS Auto Accessories Interior Modification For Tesla Model 3 Model Y 2020-2021 Car Door Inner CarbonFiber Decoration Trim

Let's shop together on AliExpress with new user coupons
Your £0.74 in coupons are here!
Keen to see how this looks. I have got used to the wood now but I would love some carbon fibre on the interior.

Got these off amazon:

View attachment 720819View attachment 720819
IMG-20211002-WA0001.jpeg
IMG-20211002-WA0005.jpeg