Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model 3 Performance Regen Braking Dots

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, I’m new here. I can’t find the answer to this question and I apologize in advance if I missed a thread with the answer.

I noticed that power (acceleration) is down until the battery temp gets up when SOC is a good level. I’ve been reading that the regen dots on the screen are used as the indicator to determine if we are power/regen is limited. As stated in the thread title I’ve got a 2021 M3P and NEVER see regen dots on the start up for the day. That line is always solid (never partially dotted). I’m also NOT preconditioning the battery with climate control or setting the
destination to a supercharging station.

I know for fact that I am power/regen limited because while driving, I track the energy discharge/regen on the energy screen and verify that they are both limited temporarily. Does the 2021 M3P have regen dots? Is there another indicator for limited regen other than the snow flake, and the regen dots?

I’m aware of ob2 devices that allow you to see you the actually battery temp, which is the way I’ll end up going, if there’s no other indication.

The dots are there but just very hard to see in the updated UI. You won't necessarily get the warning about reduced regen unless you're using regen a lot at the beginning of a drive or have a very full battery. The snowflake is different and only shows if the battery is so cold that the available range is greatly reduced.

Hey guys, I’m new here. I can’t find the answer to this question and I apologize in advance if I missed a thread with the answer.

I noticed that power (acceleration) is down until the battery temp gets up when SOC is a good level. I’ve been reading that the regen dots on the screen are used as the indicator to determine if we are power/regen is limited. As stated in the thread title I’ve got a 2021 M3P and NEVER see regen dots on the start up for the day. That line is always solid (never partially dotted). I’m also NOT preconditioning the battery with climate control or setting the
destination to a supercharging station.

I know for fact that I am power/regen limited because while driving, I track the energy discharge/regen on the energy screen and verify that they are both limited temporarily. Does the 2021 M3P have regen dots? Is there another indicator for limited regen other than the snow flake, and the regen dots?

I’m aware of ob2 devices that allow you to see you the actually battery temp, which is the way I’ll end up going, if there’s no other indication.
Well, you are in the Bay Area .. drive up into the mountains if you want to see the dots .. or move to a colder state :)

Reactions: holmgang
Haha, thanks for the replies gents. I did notice two dots this morning. When the dots are not present, the car still feels like it’s down on power/regen until at least 10 minutes of driving. Do you guys have a similar experience?