Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

*2021* Model 3 Performance Uberturbine Wheel Questions (esp for winter wheel and tire swap)

If you've received your 2021 Model 3 Performance, have you put winter wheels&tires on?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm following a bunch of different threads and have possibly confused myself. I want to put non-tesla winter wheels and tires on our new 2021 M3 Performance for the following reasons:
  1. We want 18" wheels for crappy snowy potholey roads. Teslas winter ones are 20"
  2. Even if we wanted the 20", Tesla doesn't deliver to our location anyway, we'd have pay $200 in ferry fees to collect them and bring them back - also not 100% sure they'd fit in the car either, all for wheels that's aren't our preference.
  3. 18" wheels means smaller and therefor less expensive tires for when we replace them.
Here are my issues and questions:

I can't find Tesla confirmed specs for the 2021 Uberturbine 20" wheels that come with the Model 3 Performance. My thoughts and questions:
  • They are not the same as the Model Y right? Model Y Ubertrubines are 21" I believe.
  • Some aftermarket places (Tsportline, Wheelwiz.ca, PMCtire.ca) have different options for the 2021 model. Tsportline offer options to get the back wheels slightly wider (even though I thought that was just a thing for the Model Y).
  • The same places I just mentioned offer different centre bore sizes and I'm still unsure why or if it matters - none have said to order hubs rings, surely one of them needs it if they have a different measurement? To my knowledge, to date, all Tesla wheels have a 64.1 centre bore size. Replika have a 70.2 measurement for the new 2021 M3P because they said that's because it's the new size for the Performance M3. Would Tesla change the centre bore size and then people couldn't use their wheels from previous years? Tsportline say it's still 64.1 and that's what they are selling for the 2021 M3P.
  • You need the new Tesla Propriety Bluetooth TPMS sensors for the new 2021 M3P, otherwise you get an error code according to some people on here (using different brands), sorry I don't know how to link to other threads. I've found only one place so far (PMCtire.ca) that appears to sell legit Tesla bluetooth TPMS sensors. Tesla don't have them on their website to buy, but I'd want them pre-installed when I order the wheels and tires anyway.
I've asked Tesla if they can provide the specs and will update when I hear from them. From what I can tell, it's only the Performance Model that has the changed centre bore size.

If anyone has their 2021 M3P and can check their centre bore size.. or knows anything about what I'm talking about, I'd really appreciate it! Just to confirm, this is not for fitting wheels on previous years models, this seems to be specifically for the 2021 and just for the Performance version.

Your right, alot of unanswered questions out there. I pick up my M3P on Tuesday. Will be swapping out to winters the same day. I went with a fast fc04 18" wheel. It has a 72mm bore. I'm not gonna run any hubcentric rings. They just help centering the rim to the hub. Takes a bit more time to line everything up, but it's easily doable. One of the main reasons I went with the 72mm hub was to take into account any changes to the 21 M3P hub. No idea if it was the same as the 2020 with the tapered edge at the base(64.1 to 70.1mm step) . I had a feeling with 2021 only offering one performance package that there was a chance the hub could change. So instead of a 64.1mm rim bore that would fit flush on the hub with a spacer. I took my chances. I will be measuring the hub bore when I dismount the oem wheel just to confirm. Unless someone posts it earlier.

• Love
Reactions: AlexVCo and katbc
Just order from PMC. Their customer service is fantastic and they know what will fit. The problem is the Tesla TPMS are on back order so I don’t know that you will get them before your car arrives (if you are getting this quarter)

I had my dealer send TPMS to PMC and they put them in my order.

just another thing that it sounds like you might have missed. There is an official 19” Gemini package for the M3P on the Tesla website. If 19’s will work for you that’s an option.

Reactions: katbc
just another thing that it sounds like you might have missed. There is an official 19” Gemini package for the M3P on the Tesla website. If 19’s will work for you that’s an option.
This is what I did. Benefits are also that the official Tesla winter tires can be swapped by roadside service if you have a flat. They come with the right TPMS, and the Gemini version is a bit more aero than most third party options.

Reactions: katbc
I ordered an 18 in wheel/tire set from tsportline. If you buy the wheel/tire set and tell them you have a 2021 they will put the right tpms in no charge. You just have to add a note to your order. TPMS is $75 each wheel from Tesla.

I don’t have the car or the wheels in yet but customer service has been great already. I ordered the day before the December to remember sale started. I reached out to see if it was possible to get a price adjustment and they did it no questions asked. They also have a wheel guide that lists most of the wheel specs factory and their own. The Tesla Model 3 Wheel and Tire Guide. Complete Model 3 Wheel Specs. - T Sportline - Tesla Model S, 3, X & Y Accessories
No uberturbines listed though.

t
hey are also super responsive. If you have a question about wheels I would reach out to them.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexVCo and katbc
Your right, alot of unanswered questions out there. I pick up my M3P on Tuesday. Will be swapping out to winters the same day. I went with a fast fc04 18" wheel. It has a 72mm bore. I'm not gonna run any hubcentric rings. They just help centering the rim to the hub. Takes a bit more time to line everything up, but it's easily doable. One of the main reasons I went with the 72mm hub was to take into account any changes to the 21 M3P hub. No idea if it was the same as the 2020 with the tapered edge at the base(64.1 to 70.1mm step) . I had a feeling with 2021 only offering one performance package that there was a chance the hub could change. So instead of a 64.1mm rim bore that would fit flush on the hub with a spacer. I took my chances. I will be measuring the hub bore when I dismount the oem wheel just to confirm. Unless someone posts it earlier.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and plan! I look forward to hearing about how it unfolds for you and hope it all works out (and that in turn helps others like me out with the situation). Have an awesome pick up on Tuesday! You probably already know this, but when you pick it up, check everything (interior, exterior, even hold a little mirror underneath to check the underside of the rocker panels and belly) and if there was any damage during the delivery process or paint defects, loose seals etc, it's all covered under warranty work. Tesla are great with that stuff anyway but best to gets pics and record it all before you drive away. Feel free to DM me if you have further questions about what I said regarding pick up so this thread stays related to the wheels. Congratulations!!!

Reactions: RefreshedP
Just order from PMC. Their customer service is fantastic and they know what will fit. The problem is the Tesla TPMS are on back order so I don’t know that you will get them before your car arrives (if you are getting this quarter)

I had my dealer send TPMS to PMC and they put them in my order.

Thanks! I had heard about delays with TPMS and am hoping that doesn't hold things up either. Theres a chance we could get our car this quarter or... get this... March lol. In which case we might wait until the fall to get a winter set up, but if it does arrive Dec, then we are screwed if we chose to wait. Delivery estimate is another story all together and is on other threads so I wont go into it.

We'll likely go with the 18" ones as they are the best for our rural winter roads. Tesla doesn't deliver to our location anyway, we'd have pay another $200 in ferry fees to collect them and bring them back unless they were available for pick up the same day as our car - which we originally tried to do last year with our 2020 model and the gemini wheels, they couldn't get the wheels to arrive the same time as the car - also not 100% sure they'd fit in the car either. In the end we wanted the 18" anyway so that wasn't the end of the world.

I ordered an 18 in wheel/tire set from tsportline. If you buy the wheel/tire set and tell them you have a 2021 they will put the right tpms in no charge. You just have to add a note to your order. TPMS is $75 each wheel from Tesla.

I don’t have the car or the wheels in yet but customer service has been great already. I ordered the day before the December to remember sale started. I reached out to see if it was possible to get a price adjustment and they did it no questions asked. They also have a wheel guide that lists most of the wheel specs factory and their own. The Tesla Model 3 Wheel and Tire Guide. Complete Model 3 Wheel Specs. - T Sportline - Tesla Model S, 3, X & Y Accessories
No uberturbines listed though.

t
hey are also super responsive. If you have a question about wheels I would reach out to them.
Tportline were when we got our set for our 2020 model. Unfortunately when we contacted them this timer around, they just said they stand by the Wheels and Tire guide - the one you shared, and yup - no Uberturbine specs. They essentially said in the email response that there are no changes in the new wheels specs, yet on their website they have options to get wider rear wheels for the 2021. This tells me two things, 1) the person who responded to us just gave us a stock standard reply and didn't really know, and 2) they have already adjusted for the new specs and if we ordered from them, it will probably work out just fine. We just wanted to make double sure because it's not fun to try send things back or resell them.
PMC seem great as well. We'll likely pick one of the two. We are in Canada so PMC will be a better for us.

From a Tesla rep!
image001.png

Reactions: AlexVCo
Doesn't look right, aren't the Uberturbines 9x20" with stretched 235/35?
The 245/35 entry is probably for the Zero G wheel, which is also 9x20".
That's what I'm confused about. He said to call the service team but they are too busy to answer. Will try send an email. Did you see that @RefreshedP said theirs are 235/35 all-round with urberturbines? I'm taking that to mean all the same size. I'm a newb to wheels, and still trying to learn all the terminology.
For the 2021, Tsportline give the option to have all four wheels at 8.5 or the front at 8.5 and the rear at 9 - which tells me that the latter is the oem configuration.
Replika have all four at 8.5 - no mention of different rears but maybe they adjust that in the order when they see it's a 2021 model.
Regarding the zero g - you mean the track wheels right? If so, they came outdoor the 2020 model I think, so could they now not fit the 2021 model?
I'm getting myself real confused.

That's what I'm confused about. He said to call the service team but they are too busy to answer. Will try send an email. Did you see that @RefreshedP said theirs are 235/35 all-round with urberturbines? I'm taking that to mean all the same size. I'm a newb to wheels, and still trying to learn all the terminology.
For the 2021, Tsportline give the option to have all four wheels at 8.5 or the front at 8.5 and the rear at 9 - which tells me that the latter is the oem configuration.
Replika have all four at 8.5 - no mention of different rears but maybe they adjust that in the order when they see it's a 2021 model.
Regarding the zero g - you mean the track wheels right? If so, they came outdoor the 2020 model I think, so could they now not fit the 2021 model?
I'm getting myself real confused.
The Model 3 2020 are 8.5" and the 2021 Uberturbines are 9" wide. All model 3's have the same wheels on all four corners, they are not staggered (wider rears). Many aftermarket options offer staggered wheels because it gives a more aggressive look with a wider rear.
The options that fit on the previous 3 will fit the new one as well, apart from the TPMS of course. What you choose for your car is a matter of preference, me personally I already received my winter 20x8.5" on all fours for my 2021 Performance.

The Model 3 2020 are 8.5" and the 2021 Uberturbines are 9" wide. All model 3's have the same wheels on all four corners, they are not staggered (wider rears). Many aftermarket options offer staggered wheels because it gives a more aggressive look with a wider rear.
The options that fit on the previous 3 will fit the new one as well, apart from the TPMS of course. What you choose for your car is a matter of preference, me personally I already received my winter 20x8.5" on all fours for my 2021 Performance.
So you have a 2021 with Uberturbines and you know they are 9" as opposed to 8.5? That would be great to know fro someone who has them!

I just spoke to another Tesla rep at a service centre and he said they are not staggered and they have a 64.1 centre bore size. He had to check with four different people to confirm because there was one colleague that said they were staggered on the 2021 M3P. He said that he was going to get someone to physically measure them just in case and would call me if they were in fact staggered, but we doubted that four Tesla techs were wrong so it's pretty much confirmed on their end, and your comments confirm that too.

Now.. if only I thought to confirm what the actual width was of the Uberturbine are - 8.5 or 9, but if you have them and know they are 9", then that sorts that! Thanks for chiming in with this!

Sounds like misinformation across the board. The best way is to get a caliper on the hubs.
I'm trying my best to find out what's correct, it's been very tricky with different people on the forums saying different things and they seem so sure. It's also hard when even the Tesla reps are learning as they go - the guy said changes happen so quickly a lot of the time, they are constantly learning - which I love because no other company innovates and evolves at such a fast pace, he seemed to think it was a positive thing too, albeit challenging haha.
Tesla are amazing and have so many things right, so it's hard to come across the moments where they too are learning as they go. Like come on.. surely it should be clear whether the 2021 M3P wheels have different specs lol. I'm sure it doesn't help that so many of us speculate online, I've seen entire threads talk about the staggered wheels.. which appears to be incorrect now.