Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model 3 Rear Lights Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the 2022 January production model (Shanghai) with the 2021 older tail lights.
Can anyone please share the 2022 tail light part numbers?

Screen-Shot-2021-11-23-at-10.20.16-AM.jpg

Even if the connectors work and it is "plug and play" in that respect, I'd be surprised if you didn't have to get the lights coded somehow, since the functionality is different between cars (two reverse lights vs one, etc). The challenge would be getting Tesla to actually do it.

Part numbers, for Euro cars, would be:

LAMP ASY, REAR BODYSIDE ECE,LEFT HAND1077399-00-D
LAMP ASY, REAR BODYSIDE ECE,RH1077400-00-C

I can not confirm if these are the part numbers in the latest 2022 cars, though. They are the only ones listed on the EPC for Europe, depreciating all others. The part numbers listed above for the US market are the "GLOBAL" ones. "ECE" in the above part numbers means "Economic Commission for Europe".

Last edited:
Even if the connectors work and it is "plug and play" in that respect, I'd be surprised if you didn't have to get the lights coded somehow, since the functionality is different between cars (two reverse lights vs one, etc). The challenge would be getting Tesla to actually do it.

Part numbers, for Euro cars, would be:

LAMP ASY, REAR BODYSIDE ECE,LEFT HAND1077399-00-D
LAMP ASY, REAR BODYSIDE ECE,RH1077400-00-C

I can not confirm if these are the part numbers in the latest 2022 cars, though. They are the only ones listed on the EPC for Europe, depreciating all others. The part numbers listed above for the US market are the "GLOBAL" ones. "ECE" in the above part numbers means "Economic Commission for Europe".
Those are for the old euro tail lights with the tiny amber signal and not the model Y style that the new ones are using.

Reactions: Durzel