Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model 3 Snagging Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, I collected my Model 3 LR AWD from Edinburgh on Xmas Eve in the flurry of year-end deliveries. My experience was largely positive and I didn't have any dreaded panel gap issues, although there was an issue with the driver's window seal on the door itself where it was very clearly incorrectly fitted. The sales rep tried to pass it off as being normal, but when I compared it to the car beside mine he conceded that it was an issue and they quickly took the car back in to be repaired. It was returned 20 mins later with a new door apparently!

I felt much worse for the couple beside me who collected a Model X which had cracked roof glass...

Anyway, I wanted to share some of my snagging issues as there are a couple of things here I wouldn't have thought to raise with Tesla but I'm glad I did.
  1. There was an intermittent loud crackling sound coming from the tweeter on the driver's side A Pillar, which is what I originally raised the service request to address. Turns out there was an exposed cable which was intermittently touching exposed metalwork somewhere creating a short.
  2. Condensation in rear lights. Was told this was normal. I'll continue to monitor
  3. Condensation in passenger door pillar camera. Was told this was normal. I'll also keep an eye on this.
  4. Driver's window auto open/close not working. I was texted instructions to calibrate the window myself (took 2 mins) and this fixed the problem.
  5. Wheel vibration at motorway speeds. Wheels realigned and problem resolved.
  6. Main beam headlights. There was a horizontal striping issue where I'd have a band of light and then a band of darkness and then a band of light. I wasn't sure whether this was a problem or bad light design so I flagged it anyway. Turns out the headlights hadn't been correctly calibrated and now the lights work perfectly (well, not as bright as any other car that I've owned in the last 10 years, but the striping is resolved)
  7. Mudflaps were missing. Despite being told that they'd be ordered in for me when I collected the car they weren't. I've now been told a ranger will deliver and install them for me
  8. Wind noise from driver's window at speeds above 50mph. Again, I wasn't sure whether this was normal or not as I'd heard that Model 3s aren't the quietest of cars with regard to road noise etc, but I flagged it anyway. They made a couple of adjustments to the window regulator and sorted the issue. Car is now superbly silent even at speed
The above seems like a pretty huge list, and it is compared to the snagging which I've had to do for previous BMW/Audi/Volkswagen cars (zero snags for any), but Tesla resolved them all quickly and gave me a loaner M3 Performance Stealth for my time (amazing fun), and they were really easy to deal with.

I thought I'd share this in case there are any other new Tesla owners unsure about what should be considered a snagging issue and what shouldn't.

All in all, great experience and great car. If only we had somewhere to drive now!

Glad you got everything sorted.

I've given up trying to get all my issues sorted as Bristol service centre seem absolutely hopeless and with a 4 hour round trip for every visit (so a day off work each time), I can't afford the time for them to repeatedly try and fail to fix things.

Sad state of affairs for £40k+ vehicle but it's the 'Tesla Way' so I'm told.

That's disappointing that Bristol aren't catching everything in one session. It took me a while to realise how to consolidate multiple issues into one service request and from that point Tesla were great at covering it all.
Might be worth booking another service and requesting a loaner car and not returning the loaner car until they confirm that all issues are resolved.

Just regards the amazing fun ... that looks like they didn't lock it on Chill for you ... which is nice! (Several people have reported getting loaners that are set on Chill.)

It was a pleasant surprise to say the least. I'd be lying if I said that I didn't spend an evening on an empty stretch of road near my house blasting up to 60mph over and over and over until I gave myself motion sickness.
I thought the 4.2s of the AWD LR was fun, but this was true madness :)