Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model 3 Standard Range plus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have my 2021 MDL3 standard Range plus With only 50k miles I got this BMS_a066 Maximum charge level and range may be reduced Warning ⚠️ light on 😕. SHOULD I BE WORRIED? Or Can anyone tell me more about it. I currently did my appointment for February 13 looks like i might be getting the battery replaced.

Attachments

• 1C479C4F-DAE3-411B-969C-BABD15E1FC5B.jpeg
    1C479C4F-DAE3-411B-969C-BABD15E1FC5B.jpeg
    316.3 KB · Views: 176
Well from what I have seen when looking up that error Tesla seems to be replacing battery packs for that.

Do you use Tessie or Teslafi or other monitoring program? How many miles does it say you get at a full charge?

If not you can sign up for Teslafi or Tessie and if you charge up once you connect it, it can tell you roughly what it thinks you battery health is at.

Upvote 0
Well from what I have seen when looking up that error Tesla seems to be replacing battery packs for that.

Do you use Tessie or Teslafi or other monitoring program? How many miles does it say you get at a full charge?

If not you can sign up for Teslafi or Tessie and if you charge up once you connect it, it can tell you roughly what it thinks you battery health is at.
That’s something new to me I’m Definitely going to check that out. At the moment it says 200 miles full charge

Upvote 0
I’m taking it yours was not the LFP but the standerd 53kwh pack? But was still initially rated for 260? If so that sounds like close to a 30% degeneration.
I’m Curious if you’ll be getting an LFP battery or if they’re still building the old style, standard range+ packs or if it’ll be a long range pack derated.

Upvote 0
I’m taking it yours was not the LFP but the standerd 53kwh pack? But was still initially rated for 260? If so that sounds like close to a 30% degeneration.
I’m Curious if you’ll be getting an LFP battery or if they’re still building the old style, standard range+ packs or if it’ll be a long range pack derated.
Yea Right now it’s just telling me “unable to charge - maximum charge level “ hopefully I can get a better battery, I work 3hrs away from home and I usually just go back on weekends but now a 3hr drive becomes a 5hr drive 😕

Upvote 0
Yea Right now it’s just telling me “unable to charge - maximum charge level “ hopefully I can get a better battery, I work 3hrs away from home and I usually just go back on weekends but now a 3hr drive becomes a 5hr driv

Attachments

• C25EB096-FF34-4706-9473-B4113430447B.jpeg
    C25EB096-FF34-4706-9473-B4113430447B.jpeg
    210.8 KB · Views: 133
  • D09D27F6-DB85-4514-98E8-F2C15D74F276.png
    D09D27F6-DB85-4514-98E8-F2C15D74F276.png
    181.2 KB · Views: 89
  • 22898174-DCFC-4AA3-8891-C6411A235661.png
    22898174-DCFC-4AA3-8891-C6411A235661.png
    298.3 KB · Views: 86
Upvote 0
Wow that sucks, only 50k and needing a new battery.😡 Makes me worried about my battery, I have the same car but less mileage 32k.
Well good news is they cover it for 8 yrs 100k miles.

If it happens it happens but not every car will fail at same point.

It could have been 1 set got out of balance. I tend to let my car balance every sat to Sunday normally I turn off sentry mode when at my house so the contractor disconnects. And allows the packs to even out it actually made a 1 mile difference doing that in est range the 1st time I did it sadly I’m 3 miles under what used to be my max but am expecting up to 10 miles by the 6 month mark.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well good news is they cover it for 8 yrs 100k miles.

If it happens it happens but not every car will fail at same point.

It could have been 1 set got out of balance. I tend to let my car balance every sat to Sunday normally I turn off sentry mode when at my house so the contractor disconnects. And allows the packs to even out it actually made a 1 mile difference doing that in est range the 1st time I did it sadly I’m 3 miles under what used to be my max but am expecting up to 10 miles by the 6 month mark.
Can you please define 'balancing'? I'm unfamiliar with what you mean by 'allow the packs to even out'.

Upvote 0
Can you please define 'balancing'? I'm unfamiliar with what you mean by 'allow the packs to even out'.
Well somtimes batteries can get to the point some packs/modules having slightly different voltages for instance I believe the 3 has 3-6 modules inside the pack. Where one may read say for example 3.3 3.9 3.6 and 4.1 volts by letting the contactor to turn off the packs can self balance out to say 3.7 volt. (Note I realize the voltages are much higher talking at a cell lvl)

And in order to do that, you have to turn off sentry mode. And once the contactor is disconnected from my understanding they can then let the voltage settle and level out across the packs/modules.

but when it gets to the point he was at that is beyond any thing you could do to correct it. As sometimes cells have defects in them and they can cause an inbalance that the bms can’t even control or overcome except take the pack apart and find the bad module and swap it

Reactions: jkdman123
Upvote 0