Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model 3 trunk replacement LED lights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You might check with rpmtesla.com and see if there is actually a difference. Maybe the cheap ones are just the wrong ones for all Teslas...

FWIW, I found the LED lightbar from RPMTesla does MUCH more to light up the trunk than the upgraded OEM lights. I placed it just forward of the crossbeam, instead of on the crossbeam, to keep from knocking it off with stuff...

Reactions: theothertom
Hmm. Im surprised you had this problem unless they changed the connectors on the 21 model. I purchased the puddle lights from Evannex and then replaced the footwell lights, trunk lights and rear door puddle lights all with Amazon LED's just like those. All had the same connector. The only thing you may want to check is on some of the Amazon lights it appears as the plug will not go in but it is just a slight mis-alingment of the male pins on the light. Once you get them lined up they go right in.

For all the new members on here, replace away (whatever fits) but note two things:

front footwell (particularly passenger side) AND most importantly door frame lights need special and resilient replacements.

Generic footwell replacements often a. fail to dim, turn off or back on b. can throw errors. Not a big deal but annoying.

Door frame replacements that fail will wreack havoc on your door glass... and can cause them to either drop or fail to when you open the door, so that when you go to close them - you end up damaging the door trim and/or door glass. No fun.

Trunk leds - no special consequences of poor vs great quality replacements aside from meh output or life.