Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model 3 Weathertech

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve seen several different places selling different brands of floor liners that the 19 and 20 will not fit the 21. Does anyone know for sure if the WeatherTech floor liners are the same in different model years? I need them for a 2021. Thanks

Assuming you’re talking about the Tesla branded ones made by WeatherTech? I bought some (front, back and trunk) for my 2020 M3 and they all fit perfectly in the 2021.

I didn’t get a frunk mat last year but I know for sure that will not fit.

If you're open to other brands, I'd highly recommend TuxMat. They are superior quality, cover more of the carpet, and typically cost slightly less. I have them in my 2020 Model 3 (front and back seats) and they fit like a glove. I've seen them in other cars as well (Honda CR-V and BMW M5) and they fit equally well in those vehicles.

WeatherTech now shows the 2 different 'frunk' rubber mats, so the 'ribbed' one should fit our 2021s. The older one is called 'smooth', I think, so just choose the correct one from the drop-down menu. Having said that, I saw the rear costs the same as the Tesla one, which already includes shipping, so I just ordered the Tesla one. Not quite fond of WeatherTech, so will search for other options for the frunk. But just wanted to comment they do have a proper 2021 fit now. Hope this helps.

Do they fully cover the dead peddle now or do they do a half way job with it?

Thanks

Mine on covers Half Dead Peddle :(

upload_2021-1-6_5-48-30.png
upload_2021-1-6_5-48-30.png

I’ve used Tesmanian and Tuxmat.
Tuxmat covers better, but not a huge fan of the clips needed, and pin mount system for the drivers side floor.
More importantly, both of these mats had to be replaced with new because holes wore through where my left foot heel rests.
Tuxmat sent me a brand new mat, so cudo’s to them for fully backing their product.
I suspect it might happen again though.
Tesmanian did not back their product up though.

I’ve now ordered a new mat system. More coverage than any other system I’ve seen so far. Also, the double layer should most certainly solve any concerns with wearing through in spots.
I haven’t received them yet, but hopefully soon. Here is a link to the product. Here are the details.
Tesla Accessories
The mats are called 5D mats.
(Navigating the site is a little weird).
The best features: covers the door step edges, and the double layer coil mat should help keep the floor cleaner longer, and wear out far slower as a result. I hope. :)

68B69537-85F9-4CA6-8099-6A45124711AA.png
602B2FEA-87E0-4647-9935-439570119B87.png

While on the topic of other brands, I personally find Maxpider to be the best looking and do a great job. I always always a weather tech guy until I found these. I ordered from there and they shipped within 1 day.

3D MAXpider Floor Mats Tesla Model 3 (2018-2020) [Black] Kagu Floor Liners Front/Rear
I agree the cover the dead pedal fully, have a good lip all the way around, easy to clean. The only thing I don't like about them is the ugly 3D logo which is removable so I can deal with that.

I want to get the 3D MAXpider Elegant Perfect Fit but NOBODY has them and forget about getting an email reply from them.
Great product if you can get it. Still need confirmation they fit the 2021 also.
3D® Custom Fit Floor & Cargo Liner | Redefine Protection

For those like me who think that the Tesla liners are the best looking, get an aluminum dead pedal. Saves the carpet from getting dirty and as an added bonus looks really good, especially with performance pedals

I agree the cover the dead pedal fully, have a good lip all the way around, easy to clean. The only thing I don't like about them is the ugly 3D logo which is removable so I can deal with that.

I want to get the 3D MAXpider Elegant Perfect Fit but NOBODY has them and forget about getting an email reply from them.
Great product if you can get it. Still need confirmation they fit the 2021 also.
3D® Custom Fit Floor & Cargo Liner | Redefine Protection

The carpet ones look very nice, but I prefer the current material. It just seems more modern.

The logo doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would prior to ordering. Apparently at 1 point the logo has green it it.

I’ve used Tesmanian and Tuxmat.
Tuxmat sent me a brand new mat, so cudo’s to them for fully backing their product.

Tuxmat does indeed have great customer service. After being in an accident and losing my retaining pin in the ensuing repair chaos, I e-mailed customer service to see if I could get a replacement. They sent me one right away at not additional cost!

Anyway, I've used their M3 mat for 2+ years and am still happy with them!

I’ve got the farsala all weather mats in my 9/20 build
CB12DF49-B116-484A-88EA-A1EFFB0E69FC.png
M3. They are a max spider replica.. the fit is 8/10 prob not as good as the Maxspider The look is good. The logo and the heel area is blended in well so nothing protrudes but the price is good. They can be found on Amazon and eBay ..