Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model S - 1st Supercharge, Battery Drain

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2 month old 2021 Model S, driven 500 miles. Have charged it up to 80% 4 times when down to 25-40% battery using Tesla wall charger at home.

Went to a supercharger for the first time on Saturday. Charged battery from 29% to 80% in about 35 minutes. Drove car 10 miles and parked overnight. Next morning battery at 64%. Drove 25 miles on Sunday, battery at 47% Monday morning.

Vampire drain typically 2%/day for me since I've owned the car. Why did battery drop from 80% to 64% to 47% so quickly?

Thank you.

2 month old 2021 Model S, driven 500 miles. Have charged it up to 80% 4 times when down to 25-40% battery using Tesla wall charger at home.

Went to a supercharger for the first time on Saturday. Charged battery from 29% to 80% in about 35 minutes. Drove car 10 miles and parked overnight. Next morning battery at 64%. Drove 25 miles on Sunday, battery at 47% Monday morning.

Vampire drain typically 2%/day for me since I've owned the car. Why did battery drop from 80% to 64% to 47% so quickly?

Thank you.
Only legitimate reason I can think of is if you left heater on in dog mode or camp mode all night and it was very cold. I would not expect that type of drop in normal driving. Are you getting any diagnostics or did you get any diagnostics while charging at the supercharger?

Reactions: mswlogo
Only legitimate reason I can think of is if you left heater on in dog mode or camp mode all night and it was very cold. I would not expect that type of drop in normal driving. Are you getting any diagnostics or did you get any diagnostics while charging at the supercharger?
I did not get diagnostics but will do that next time I charge, thank you