Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EXACTLY the conditions. Same question to you I just asked @Hayseed_MS
I have never asked them about that. I started noticing it when I took the car back from SC when it spent 26 days. Before the SC run, I'm not sure if this issue has been presented. I think it was always there I just never focused on it before I have explored it here on the forum.

Another issue is bothering me a lot and it's been with my car from the day 1st. At low speed when I maneuvering on a parking lot or so I can hear a weird clicking/cracking sound that comes from the front right corner. Sound pretty close to when upper control arms are dead (I had that issue on my old X and remember the sound). Happens only when I turn wheels.

Will ask them when I'll decide a was not at SC for long enough lol.

I have never asked them about that. I started noticing it when I took the car back from SC when it spent 26 days. Before the SC run, I'm not sure if this issue has been presented. I think it was always there I just never focused on it before I have explored it here on the forum.

Another issue is bothering me a lot and it's been with my car from the day 1st. At low speed when I maneuvering on a parking lot or so I can hear a weird clicking/cracking sound that comes from the front right corner. Sound pretty close to when upper control arms are dead (I had that issue on my old X and remember the sound). Happens only when I turn wheels.

Will ask them when I'll decide a was not at SC for long enough lol.
@Mandarin What SC do you prefer? I found Bellevue to be far superior to Renton.

Make sure you report and push if you are having the issue. Otherwise Tesla will not make it a priority.
@Hayseed_MS Yeah, I know.... The refreshed LR/Plaid population is so small; there will never be enough noise to generation action on Tesla's/EM's part. Take, for example, the "model discrimination" and silent treatment, re our yoke cars getting blocked from receiving either the yoke improvement update (2021.36) and the beta FSD update (no matter if your score is 100, and has been for a long time). Tesla, publications and the Social Media influencers definitely, "Cater to the masses (3/Y)," for clicks and influence, and would never touch these stories. Tesla knows this and can effectively be very successful by just ignoring the concerns of it's smallest customer population. Historically, MS and MX customers concerns have been largely ignored, and ignored successfully at that. Will never purchase a "niche market" Tesla ever again.

I haven't read this thread for almost two weeks. I promised myself I wouldn't anymore. Was quite happier. 🤣 🤣

Still awaiting an internal part and still have other small issues, only cosmetic. Learning to deal with it.
I'm sorry you guys have to go through some of these crazy issues.
It's been said by many, but damn, as an investor and Tesla believer, I really do f'n hope they get their *sugar* together!

ake, for example, the "model discrimination" and silent treatment, re our yoke cars getting blocked from receiving either the yoke improvement update (2021.36) and the beta FSD update (no matter if your score is 100, and has been for a long time)
I feel like you are taking this whole update, "discrimination" a bit personal. It is not like they are purposely holding back on the yoke updates and FSD beta to Model S refresh owners who paid for FSD. They are doing their due diligence to make sure they are not haphazardly releasing software that literally drives the car unsafely. And they likely made a development decision that it is better to hold off on the yoke updates than creating yet another branch to push just those.

I get it, it stings that you paid for the FSD and do not get the benefit, when non-FSD cars are getting yoke improvements and FSD beta software that they are not using. But patience will go a long way.

I feel like you are taking this whole update, "discrimination" a bit personal. It is not like they are purposely holding back on the yoke updates and FSD beta to Model S owners. They are doing their due diligence to make sure they are not haphazardly releasing software that literally drives the car unsafely. And they likely made a development decision that it is better to hold off on the yoke updates than creating yet another branch to push just those.

I get it, it stings that you paid for the FSD and do not get the benefit, when non-FSD cars are getting yoke improvements and FSD beta software that they are not using. But patience will go a long way.
@cwanja Could be.... Tough to explain why they would have loaded the beta "Button" on our yoke cars then (other than to collect data for their benefit), if they wanted to be rightfully be extra cautious. Equally interesting that they continued to tweet "All" with 100 scores would receive it; and lastly, their silence on the matter is deafening. YOMV; where "O" = Opinion

Tough to explain then why they would have loaded the beta "Button" on our cars then (other than to collect data for their benefit), if they wanted to be rightfully be extra cautious. Equally interesting that they continued to tweet "All" with 100 scores would receive it; and lastly, their silence on the matter is deafening
The button is just that - a button. No need to complicate software by releasing to some. Could hide it behind a flag for some cars. But also likely gives Tesla more data to refine their score.

Tweeting "All" - so you want Elon and everyone to delineate exactly who should get it "Model S owners, but those before the refresh, but after AP2 released". Come on. Tesla is never going to be that specific. And honestly, they should have never released the score - never seen people more obsessed over something than they did over whether the dress was blue or gold (it was blue by the way).

Silence - what do you expect from Tesla? They literally have been silent on nearly 99% of all matters that relate to customer service.

I fully saw this "jaded" view coming when the slight discussion of a button came about. "My friend got FSD beta, but drives like a maniac. Yet I drive like a granny and now I still have to drive my car".

And you are right, everyone is open and entitled to their opinion. But like someone else quoted you earlier in this thread:
Life is too short to be constantly aggravated

• Love
Reactions: impastu
The button is just that - a button. No need to complicate software by releasing to some. Could hide it behind a flag for some cars. But also likely gives Tesla more data to refine their score.

Tweeting "All" - so you want Elon and everyone to delineate exactly who should get it "Model S owners, but those before the refresh, but after AP2 released". Come on. Tesla is never going to be that specific. And honestly, they should have never released the score - never seen people more obsessed over something than they did over whether the dress was blue or gold (it was blue by the way).

Silence - what do you expect from Tesla? They literally have been silent on nearly 99% of all matters that relate to customer service.

I fully saw this "jaded" view coming when the slight discussion of a button came about. "My friend got FSD beta, but drives like a maniac. Yet I drive like a granny and now I still have to drive my car".

And you are right, everyone is open and entitled to their opinion. But like someone else quoted you earlier in this thread:
@cwanja Right, not worth the aggravation, I agree. Also, correct, everyone has an opinion; even the Tesla apologists...

@Hayseed_MS Yeah, I know.... The refreshed LR/Plaid population is so small; there will never be enough noise to generation action on Tesla's/EM's part. Take, for example, the "model discrimination" and silent treatment, re our yoke cars getting blocked from receiving either the yoke improvement update (2021.36) and the beta FSD update (no matter if your score is 100, and has been for a long time). Tesla, publications and the Social Media influencers definitely, "Cater to the masses (3/Y)," for clicks and influence, and would never touch these stories. Tesla knows this and can effectively be very successful by just ignoring the concerns of it's smallest customer population. Historically, MS and MX customers concerns have been largely ignored, and ignored successfully at that. Will never purchase a "niche market" Tesla ever again.
EDIT TeslaFi is reporting that 9 plaid vehicles got .36
Where did you find the s is not getting FSD or .36? When they announced Tesla Vision and said new models were being shipped without radar, they also quietly mentioned the refresh will be delivered with radar I firmly believed that FSD will not work in a refresh as advertised. I don’t know why but had a bad feeling. Looks like I may have been correct. How can older models of the entire lineup get it immediately and refresh can’t. Holding a 100 score everyday since requested to be in queue. Nothing.

EDIT TeslaFi is reporting that 9 plaid vehicles got .36
Where did you find the s is not getting FSD or .36? When they announced Tesla Vision and said new models were being shipped without radar, they also quietly mentioned the refresh will be delivered with radar I firmly believed that FSD will not work in a refresh as advertised. I don’t know why but had a bad feeling. Looks like I may have been correct. How can older models of the entire lineup get it immediately and refresh can’t. Holding a 100 score everyday since requested to be in queue. Nothing.
@dlfjed Wow, I think I must have complained about this in at least 5 threads and 50 posts.... One last time, the exclusion of .36 and beta FSD currently applies to refreshed MS LR and Plaids that HAVE paid FSD installed! Yokers with non FSD cars received the 2021.36 update.

@dlfjed Wow, I think I must have complained about this in at least 5 threads and 50 posts.... One last time, the exclusion of .36 and beta FSD currently applies to refreshed MS LR and Plaids that HAVE paid FSD installed! Yokers with non FSD cars received the 2021.36 update.
I missed that...what did you say?

Ok, I am confused. I have a refresh and FSD - will I get .36 or the beta?