Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So we had a really windy day yesterday and there is a ton of crud and debris in the bottom of my side windows all around my car. Did they forget to put some sort of molding on mine, or does everyone have this deep well to collect crap as well? Never had it this bad on any of my other vehicles.

• Informative
Reactions: Phlier and impastu
@Hayseed_MS No one, as of this writing (1:51PM PDT on 10/12/21), with your configuration has received the yoke improvement update (2021.36, released two weeks ago) or beta FSD, released on 10/10. BOHICA.
According to TeslaFi there are 9 plaids that got .36. Since all plaids come with full FSD capability I don’t think that’s correct. Paid for it or didn’t doesn’t make sense. It is Tesla, now that I think about nothing they do makes sense. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: impastu
According to TeslaFi there are 9 plaids that got .36. Since all plaids come with full FSD capability I don’t think that’s correct. Paid for it or didn’t doesn’t make sense. It is Tesla, now that I think about nothing they do makes sense. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Why don’t you think that’s correct? If a Plaid owner did not opt-in to the FSD beta, they would not be in the queue to receive 2021.32.25 (the FSD build) and would instead be sent 2021.36 with the yoke updates. Makes total sense to me.

Reactions: cwanja and impastu
@dlfjed I’m sorry this isn’t coming through clearly. Yes, hardware wise no difference, however, if the car has FSD, Tesla sent it the “button” firmware, 2021.32.22. If the car doesn’t have FSD, it was sent 2021.32.21. Only 2021.32.21 cars saw the 2021.36 (yoke improvements) update. If you still don’t believe, see if you can find someone here who got the 2021.36 update (coming from 2021.32.22) and has a FSD yoke car. Unless something changed recently, due to all of the people left out voicing their concern on SM or Tesla, that has been the case. Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Why don’t you think that’s correct? If a Plaid owner did not opt-in to the FSD beta, they would not be in the queue to receive 2021.32.25 (the FSD build) and would instead be sent 2021.36 with the yoke updates. Makes total sense to me.
This is right. I did not buy or subscribe for FSD on my Plaid and after 2021.32.20.1 I did get 2021.36 which is current firmware.

Attachments

• firmware.png
    firmware.png
    89.5 KB · Views: 70
Could be a one off case that is part of the smaller beta test team. Anyone here get it??????
Well, there you have it…

I have never asked them about that. I started noticing it when I took the car back from SC when it spent 26 days. Before the SC run, I'm not sure if this issue has been presented. I think it was always there I just never focused on it before I have explored it here on the forum.

Another issue is bothering me a lot and it's been with my car from the day 1st. At low speed when I maneuvering on a parking lot or so I can hear a weird clicking/cracking sound that comes from the front right corner. Sound pretty close to when upper control arms are dead (I had that issue on my old X and remember the sound). Happens only when I turn wheels.

Will ask them when I'll decide a was not at SC for long enough lol.
Here is the video of the issue I was talking about:

• Informative
Reactions: Phlier and jebinc
Well, there you have it…

And more on this one…….

Here is the video of the issue I was talking about:
Oy, thanks for the video. I do not get this on my LR... At low speeds, I occasionally get a weird feeling like the wheel went over a rock. I thought your issue may have been similar but it's not.

Following up on the window issue from my last post - turns out window regulator went bad on driver's side window supposedly, so this will be replaced by mobile tech.

Adding another to my list of issues - condensation inside left rear taillight, the half that's on the trunk lid. Sigh. I knew Teslas were bad quality-wise going in, but living it feelsbadman.

• Informative
Reactions: Phlier and impastu
Oy, thanks for the video. I do not get this on my LR... At low speeds, I occasionally get a weird feeling like the wheel went over a rock. I thought your issue may have been similar but it's not.
The issue you are talking about isn't an issue at all. I assume it happens on a wet surface with fully turned wheels to either side, left or right. Correct?

I had this on my old 2018 e63S. MPS4s + big angle of turned wheels + wet surface makes that thing. If you will change tires you will see it's not going to happen. Also never happening in dry conditions.

Last edited:
Reactions: hotsoup
So, my car has been pretty solid, but I have one long-running issue: I have auto-tilt set up for my side mirrors, but when shining the car into reverse, the mirrors never return to the saved positions. Mobile techs have come out and confirmed the issue. and Service had replaced both mirror models, but the problems persists. Is anyone else seeing this issue?

@dlfjed I’m sorry this isn’t coming through clearly. Yes, hardware wise no difference, however, if the car has FSD, Tesla sent it the “button” firmware, 2021.32.22. If the car doesn’t have FSD, it was sent 2021.32.21. Only 2021.32.21 cars saw the 2021.36 (yoke improvements) update. If you still don’t believe, see if you can find someone here who got the 2021.36 update (coming from 2021.32.22) and has a FSD yoke car. Unless something changed recently, due to all of the people left out voicing their concern on SM or Tesla, that has been the case. Hope that helps.
My bad. There was a filter box checked on TeslaFi that only showed S and X. Hard to see at my age on phone. Same as before. I couldn’t even see the box. So overall reporting over 200 no refresh.

Reactions: impastu and jebinc
So, my car has been pretty solid, but I have one long-running issue: I have auto-tilt set up for my side mirrors, but when shining the car into reverse, the mirrors never return to the saved positions. Mobile techs have come out and confirmed the issue. and Service had replaced both mirror models, but the problems persists. Is anyone else seeing this issue?
Interesting. Sounds like a software issue, and not a mirror issue. I have always kept my auto-tilt off, so I wouldn't know. Well, that and I do not have my refresh yet.

The issue you are talking about isn't an issue at all. I assume it happens on a wet surface with fully turned wheels to either side, left or right. Correct?

I had this on my old 2018 e63S. MPS4s + big angle of turned wheels + wet surface makes that thing. If you will change tires you will see it's not going to happen. Also never happening in dry conditions.
Yes!! Thanks, didn't realize it was just a "thing" with MPS4s + wet surface + big angle. Is it some sort of slippage or something that's causing that or what? It can be pretty harsh at times.