Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the Michelin PSAS4s on the stock 19s without covers and am happy with the look--the Cardenio have some nice curves to them and have grown on me.

View attachment 735769

Hi Omar, fixed that for You. Sory for being OT, but the 19" Cardenio without the covers makes my eyes bleed. It looks like mid 90s Pacifica or PT Cruiser wheel

Bildschirmfoto 2021-11-22 um 22.07.59.jpg

Took delivery of my LR yesterday morning. Today i noticed a paint defect on the panel between the passenger door and glass roof. See picture. Called and talked to somebody on the phone who said she noted it. She suggested sending my original sales consultant an email which i did. I am sooooo annoyed!

Attachments

• C522F344-A46B-4FF9-AF85-C4E8D1898341.jpeg
    C522F344-A46B-4FF9-AF85-C4E8D1898341.jpeg
    284.7 KB · Views: 135
Took delivery of my LR yesterday morning. Today i noticed a paint defect on the panel between the passenger door and glass roof. See picture. Called and talked to somebody on the phone who said she noted it. She suggested sending my original sales consultant an email which i did. I am sooooo annoyed!

Had a mini-me version of that on my S75. Was unnoticeable most of the time, so I never did anything about it. Yours seems big and ugly.....good luck.

Reactions: impastu
Team: I plan to take the vibration matter to social media (Twitter), in attempts to get some influencers to shed light on this issue. Will post tweets here in hopes those afflicted with the same issue will like it reply/retweet. Should have something started by the end of the day. Thanks for your support!
I'll definitely be checking carefully for any vibration as I'm within the VIN range it appears. MF435xxx
That is whenever I get my car back. Right now every time I think Tesla (which is pretty consistent throughout the day) my blood starts to boil.

Reactions: impastu and jebinc
Received 2021.40.6 which is suppose to have Active Noise Cancellation. I do not see the option to enable nor did I see it displayed in the upgrade notifications following the install. Has anyone received this version and enabled noise cancellation?

Reactions: impastu
I've had a long-standing issue with my Plaid that's taken it out of service for the last ~3 weeks with no end in sight.

The screens simply fail to boot. The center screen is on (you can see the backlight) but nothing will get the car to respond. Still drives, unlocks, dome lights work, etc., but it's pretty unnerving / dangerous to drive with no screens. I have no idea how much battery I have. I have used my phone for speed & navigation more than once now.

Weirdest of all is that the mobile app "sort of" works. The car is listed as not responding in the app, but controls like trunk and frunk still work. This is helpful as I would otherwise have to jump the tow hook to open the frunk.

First time it happened, disconnecting the 12V cleared it up (disconnect high voltage loop, pull up green tab on 12v, slide harness to left, unplug). The second time it lasted for 5 days until I opened a Service case and a software update from 2021.32.x to 2021.36.x seemed to have cleared it up. But now it's been happening again for the last 3 days.

Worst of all of it is that I have a broken flagship car that had already spent 3 weeks in the shop for another computer issue. This is going on 6 weeks out of service since July with little end in sight. The car computer likely needs a replacement but the local service center can't seem to get one.

Insult to injury? No loaner, $100 Uber credit. Yeah, that'll compensate for my $130k car being out of service more than a quarter of the time I've owned it.
Mine is currently in shop for identical issue. One of 5 control modules that have interaction with screens. Took over a week to get part. Had to push an entire firmware install. I think the version it has now was a version that was installed before I picked it up.

Damn, I was excited for this one.
Been awaiting reports of how well it works!
There are a couple reports from folks in the EAP around here, IIRC on the main delivery thread. My interpretation of their remarks is that the effect is noticeable, but not amazingly so. The effect also seems (from the two reports so far) quite local to the headrest area, so if you move around a bit, the effect will phase in and out -- which means road noise would increase somewhat. Interested if this can be measured via a decibel meter.

Took delivery of my Plaid 8 days ago, all was fine until this morning. Several days earlier I drove several hours north and stayed there for the weekend. Woke up to 4" of snow, thankfully had my winter tires installed. The IC kept throwing multiple error messages:

Cruise control disabled
Steering assist reduced
Traction control disabled
Stability control disabled
Regenerative braking disabled
Adaptive ride control degraded
Automatic vehicle hold disabled
Automatic emergency braking disabled
Lane Departure Avoidance features unavailable,

So there I was, my first driving experience in the snow with all safety features disabled. Tried a reboot, a power off, nothing helped. Booked a service appointment 5 days from now but hoping something can be done sooner.

A quick search showed the same issue happened to others, including Model 3. Some say it was fixed by a firmware update, others had the problem re-occur after several service visits. Someone mentioned it happens every time it rains.

Does anyone now what the cause and solutions are? This really sucks.
Car has been in service since Nov 15; initially estimated to be returned 2 days later, then a week later (today). I inquired if it really could be returned to me today. They replied "Now the parts are tracking to be delivered next Tuesday", and repair estimated to be 15 days from when I took the car in for service. I only had possession of the car for 8 days, drove it for just 6 hours, now 2 weeks+ to get it repaired. Not sure why I even rushed to put snow tires on it, with my luck, by the time I get it back it will be time for summer rubber.:mad:

What is a "coaxial harness" anyways? A short piece of wire connecting a few components, or are they ripping out the electrical spine and installing a new one?:oops:

• Informative
Reactions: impastu and jebinc