Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question: do the handles automatically retract out when you come close to the car with your phone key? I know it retracts with the key fob
When my phone gets within a couple of feet they extend. Sometimes I have to turn on phone screen first. However tapping the door handle always causes them to extend.

Reactions: anthonyj
One issue I’ve had since the day I picked up my car:

Air suspension requires service
Suspension may not be level

I scheduled an appointment for Dec 17, the next available date. I talked to service and they said it’s not an urgent issue.
68FD2BDE-D30D-46FF-9350-964331619FE7.jpeg

Cross Post -

Update on my MF4394xx VIN with this vibration.... Received a response (excerpt below) from the sr. SC manager this morning. I look forward to hearing what they may've found to be the "root cause," after days of extensive testing. I think transducers were used as part of that testing/isolation process, as their future use was mentioned by one of the techs previously. More to come....

"We have been able to consistently reproduce the vibration and have done some testing to see if we can better isolate the source. I'll give you a call with an update later today!
"

Has anyone experienced a loud thunking noise from their front wheels when performing somewhat tight turns at speeds <10mph? The noise is present regardless of the direction I’m turning.

It almost sounds like the tire is getting caught on something as it rotates because it’s a consistent thunk if I’m driving slowly enough.

Reactions: impastu
Has anyone experienced a loud thunking noise from their front wheels when performing somewhat tight turns at speeds <10mph? The noise is present regardless of the direction I’m turning.

It almost sounds like the tire is getting caught on something as it rotates because it’s a consistent thunk if I’m driving slowly enough.
Yeah, seems like it's the tires skidding. Something about the width of the summer tires. I had it on my P90DL as well.

Reactions: impastu

Has been reported by many in warm and cold weather, dry and wet weather. I attribute it to a tight front differential. Common phenomenon to 4x4s when the diffs are locked coming back onto clear pavement after being Off-road or in snow.

Reactions: jebinc