Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Model S LR has this weird 'cooing' sound coming from the ventilation slot on the passenger side of the main screen. Sounds like a small dove caught in the system. Very soft, doesn't appear to be related to fan speed but it goes away when I turn off the ventilation system. Not terribly loud but now that my ear is tuned to it, I hear it over low road noise and low music, annoying. Not a regular rhythm, sometimes few seconds, other times goes away for a minute or two. Maybe an actuator that moves a vent back and forth? I swung by the local service center and demonstrated it to one of the service advisors I've dealt with in the past, he'd never heard this and suggested I record it which I did and have sent it to him. I'm hoping he'll pass it up the chain to Fremont, don't want to bring it in to the shop for them to tear apart the dash for random diagnostics and then have the car stuck there waiting for parts...
If it's the same sound I've heard on mine since day 1, I know it. It's like... "Coo, Coo" sound (first higher pitch, second lower pitch) - pretty much like a dove, and it repeats over, and over, at short intervals. I hear it as soon as I get into the car, if nothing is on. I don't hear it over music, and it doesn't bother me. Suspect it's just like every other weird thing about these cars, - NORMAL! :D

Anyone else have the backup camera stop working then be okay? I was backing up the driveway and it started out working fine. By the time I got to the street (a few seconds) the screen went black except for the outlines and yellow guide lines. I put the car in drive and then back to reverse and the camera worked again.

Reactions: impastu
Anyone else have the backup camera stop working then be okay? I was backing up the driveway and it started out working fine. By the time I got to the street (a few seconds) the screen went black except for the outlines and yellow guide lines. I put the car in drive and then back to reverse and the camera worked again.

Not had that. Try a reboot. Also, if it rains all the time like it does in Seattle, you rapidly find out the backup camera is useless then anyway. :D

Just picked up my Plaid. Noticed a paint defect when I got home. Can this be fixed? I don’t know if I should trust Tesla to fix it

Attachments

• 49AEBB08-1586-4325-B13C-D2C7F8DF3FD6.jpeg
    49AEBB08-1586-4325-B13C-D2C7F8DF3FD6.jpeg
    335.3 KB · Views: 127
  • 939BF119-C1BE-408A-875D-37F30730BDEF.jpeg
    939BF119-C1BE-408A-875D-37F30730BDEF.jpeg
    254.1 KB · Views: 92
  • E5885447-95EA-4454-8D32-ED9B477192E7.jpeg
    E5885447-95EA-4454-8D32-ED9B477192E7.jpeg
    436.2 KB · Views: 88
  • 421BB14D-D18D-4D64-A281-FF1DCF8DABD8.jpeg
    421BB14D-D18D-4D64-A281-FF1DCF8DABD8.jpeg
    290.7 KB · Views: 88
Just picked up my Plaid. Noticed a paint defect when I got home. Can this be fixed? I don’t know if I should trust Tesla to fix it

@anthonyj I’m not sure I would bother with having Tesla fix that. Might do more harm than good, with blending and all. Maybe sand hidden trunk edge and get free $60 touch up paint kit from Tesla. Wouldn’t touch outer visible surfaces. Or, you can have them do the latter, but touch up only. No body shop spraying.

Reactions: anthonyj
Sorry to see that. I don't know if I could ignore it. You will see it when the trunk is open. I would definitely get opinions from the local Tesla authorized body shop too.

Reactions: bhzmark and impastu
This is not representative of a $ix figure plus car. This is a future corrosion area and I would without a doubt bring this to the attention of Tesla as there was some contamination on the metal before painting. If your SC can't make this look like new then they should pay a professional body shop to do so, along with a loaner to drive while being fixed. Your money that you paid for this new car was good, so should the car. I would go over every square inch to look for any other issues and make a list..