Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2021 Model S LR developed an auto door lock issue. The car does not lock when I walk away from the car with my iPhone. The car does "see" me and present handles when I approach. I can lock the car with the Tesla app. I never experience that with my two previous Model S cars that used the FOB.

I have had two different Tech folks walk me through various processes that involved unpairing & pairing the iPhone. "Forgetting" or Deleting my iPhone as a key, two different types of rebooting the car, etc. No success. If anybody has suggestions, I am interested. I do have an appointment January 10th.

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc and impastu
My 2021 Model S LR developed an auto door lock issue. The car does not lock when I walk away from the car with my iPhone. The car does "see" me and present handles when I approach. I can lock the car with the Tesla app. I never experience that with my two previous Model S cars that used the FOB.

I have had two different Tech folks walk me through various processes that involved unpairing & pairing the iPhone. "Forgetting" or Deleting my iPhone as a key, two different types of rebooting the car, etc. No success. If anybody has suggestions, I am interested. I do have an appointment January 10th.
Have you confirmed auto lock setting is on?

Reactions: Blue Stuff
With the major breakdown next day of taking delivery with only fifty miles on the car and having to replace rear drive unit. today with only 200 miles on the car I get a fault signal stating steering assist disconnected extra effort may be needed
However no effect on driving what so ever. Rebooted the car but didn’t go away. Got out of the car closed the door and returned few minutes later it was gone. I was about to have a heart attack!!!!! Drove the car to the SC which is fifteen min away from my house and they got it in right away and came out to be a software glitch and no need to fix or repair anything. I am not sure I will survive the first 1000 miles this way😩😱😤😞

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc and impastu
With the major breakdown next day of taking delivery with only fifty miles on the car and having to replace rear drive unit. today with only 200 miles on the car I get a fault signal stating steering assist disconnected extra effort may be needed
However no effect on driving what so ever. Rebooted the car but didn’t go away. Got out of the car closed the door and returned few minutes later it was gone. I was about to have a heart attack!!!!! Drove the car to the SC which is fifteen min away from my house and they got it in right away and came out to be a software glitch and no need to fix or repair anything. I am not sure I will survive the first 1000 miles this way😩😱😤😞
Glad it was a false alarm. Bad luck on the rear drive unit. Hopefully smooth sledding from here on.

Reactions: jebinc and fsabek
Lol my Plaid front drive unit died while in Tesla’s care for the last 2.5 weeks. I just give up. Seriously. 😂
I spoke to Tesla’s tech who worked on my car directly… So yeah, my car blew the front DU pyro fuse while it was in Tesla service (reversing out of a bay). Service ordered a new inverter, spent a day and a half replacing it (huge job, requires dropping the high voltage battery, subframe, steering rack, axles etc). They replaced the inverter, put the car back together.

They THEN discovered it was the wrong inverter because the car wouldn’t pair with it. So now they have the correct inverter on order which will be about a week, and then they have to strip the whole front of the car again to install it.

Bicycles are looking really attractive to me right now…

I spoke to Tesla’s tech who worked on my car directly… So yeah, my car blew the front DU pyro fuse while it was in Tesla service (reversing out of a bay). Service ordered a new inverter, spent a day and a half replacing it (huge job, requires dropping the high voltage battery, subframe, steering rack, axles etc). They replaced the inverter, put the car back together.

They THEN discovered it was the wrong inverter because the car wouldn’t pair with it. So now they have the correct inverter on order which will be about a week, and then they have to strip the whole front of the car again to install it.

So, the HV pack, with all that sealant, will have been removed three or more times since you first took delivery, by the time you get it back?! 😬

Reactions: impastu

My god this must be the worst Tesla experience on this forum. This after all those battery issues. Sorry man.

That’s why I would never buy a tesla always lease cause god only know what you will be getting. Also it is not that I don’t like it return it and give me my money back or get me another one. My car had its ass ripped apart and the inverter and rear drive unit replaced after driving it for less than fifty miles. God only knows if they did it right or what damage they might have done let alone seals they ripped. The only thing that makes me still sane is that I am returning it in three years assuming it doesn’t qualify for lemon law before three years come

• Informative
Reactions: impastu and jebinc
Yeah I think I drew the very shortest straw. Such a shame. 5 months and only 2,300 miles and my car has never been 100% working. 😓
1641086816415.png