Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

n2mb_racing

Jun 14, 2014
durham, NC
so I got my 19 with all seasons and they are great. alignment fixed the yoke off centering. they said they can not do anything with bluetooth since it is working and not always causing problems. They also said there is no breeze the tech who drove the car said when hvac is on there is an air movement or current while when off there is not and hence not much they can do. I am not sure if it is my head or some form of OCD that I feel coldness in my right thigh hip area then i start sticking my hand down and yes the side of the chair and even the door itself are cold but nor sure if that is from a leak. I think a cold air leak would be more noticable. So I am trying to just ignore it.
I felt it this morning. I wonder if it was the HVAC system blowing cold air. Try diverting to only blow at your legs and crank the temp up to see if the cold air becomes warm...

I felt it this morning. I wonder if it was the HVAC system blowing cold air. Try diverting to only blow at your legs and crank the temp up to see if the cold air becomes warm...
The use of an infrared temperature gun would help with finding leaks. Also an infrared camera would be nice to map these differences..
To be safe, one must do this with the aid of a passenger...

Found mold in my frunk**. Assuming there was a leak that dried.

Anyone have success with Service fixing a leak issue?

Attachments

• B9FBB3C8-38C9-43C7-B0F2-8034B695D129.jpeg
    B9FBB3C8-38C9-43C7-B0F2-8034B695D129.jpeg
    882.4 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Found mold in my frunk**. Assuming there was a leak that dried.

Anyone have success with Service fixing a leak issue?
The dreaded frunk cheese. Check the seals and verify contact with their opposing structure by using soap or silicone grease.
Or, just clean with a disinfectant to kill the mold and see if it reappears..

MAHahh

Plaid OD:3/17 RN1146 VIN:438 Bl/Cr/Wo/19 Del 8/19
Supporting Member
Apr 17, 2016
Superior, CO
@MAHahh @SailorDave Not sure if this applies to Plaids, but for older S/X, this alert has the text "RCM2_a070_passABStg2Open" which I interpret as Passenger Airbag Stage 2 Open. Note that this is only if your alert is specifically a070, which you will only know from tapping on the alert icon or maybe from the notifications screen.

Airbags have a second stage squib (igniter) that can fire to vary the duration and strength of airbag inflation in a collision. For some reason (likely a loose/disconnected wire), the Restraint Control Module does not think there is a valid circuit for firing that second stage igniter. It could be an issue in the airbag, in the restraint control module, or anywhere in between.

If you carry passengers, this is a potentially serious safety issue. If not, you should still be fine to drive.

Again, this is for older S/X, but I think it applies to Plaid as well.
My error code is RCM2_a064. Front passanger safety restraint system fault.
Got my car back from service... as promised, an update: 1) they replaced the driver air bag, per the recall, so (for those others who got the recall) the parts are available. 2) they "fixed" the safety restraint system error, again, by doing the same fix as 2 months ago (reseating a connector, and putting electrical stability fluid on the pins). I don't have a lot of faith that it's a permanent fix this time, but fingers are crossed. Good luck @SailorDave, with your error with a different (but similar) code! 3) I also had the wiring harness very close to the inner side of a rear tire (maybe 3/8" of clearance). They re-routed the wires, away from the tire. All the above were done under warranty - that's good news!

P.S.: Is "electrical stability fluid" a thing? Sounds like blinker fluid... 😀

MarcG

Oct 29, 2014
San Francisco
Got my car back from service... as promised, an update: 1) they replaced the driver air bag, per the recall, so (for those others who got the recall) the parts are available. 2) they "fixed" the safety restraint system error, again, by doing the same fix as 2 months ago (reseating a connector, and putting electrical stability fluid on the pins). I don't have a lot of faith that it's a permanent fix this time, but fingers are crossed. Good luck @SailorDave, with your error with a different (but similar) code! 3) I also had the wiring harness very close to the inner side of a rear tire (maybe 3/8" of clearance). They re-routed the wires, away from the tire. All the above were done under warranty - that's good news!

P.S.: Is "electrical stability fluid" a thing? Sounds like blinker fluid... 😀
Does your replacement airbag have the worm/vein?

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC