Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I am officially frustrated. There are a number of things not working yet on my Long Range S, however when doing hard accelerations the steering got squirrely and felt like it was going to lose control. I took it in to service. They were able to correct that issue (loose nut and something with the toe), however my car steering is now pulling to the right with normal driving. I called them an hour after I got the car back and told them what happened. At first the advisor's reaction to me was it was my fault. I must have knocked it out of alignment. I said it wasn't the case and I am calling them back an hour later, not a week later. After waiting 4 days and a supervisor not getting back to me, I drove it back to the center. They tested it with me and confirmed it. In the meantime a new yoke had arrived (heating wasn't working), so they replaced the yoke and said they fixed the alighnment. Car was ready a few days later and I picked it up and test drove it and it STILL was pulling to the right. Went back to center, and once again confirmed by manager. My car is back in service and the next time will be the THIRD time I will be coming to pick it up to see if they can get the alignment right. The car did not pull to the right previously before they fixed the squirrely issue. This is very disappointing. After waiting 9 months for this car and the problems and not having functioning features, I am wondering if the car is worth it. It's a great looking car and fun to drive, but Tesla service is horrific. If anybody has any insight on the alignment issue, please let me know. Thanks.

Photos incoming!
Corners look totally normal. Photos taken from a May/2019 Raven Model S LR, VIN 330. @WilliamG @Bull

tempImageklNhbT.jpg

tempImageCZV3Ze.jpg

Well I am officially frustrated. There are a number of things not working yet on my Long Range S, however when doing hard accelerations the steering got squirrely and felt like it was going to lose control. I took it in to service. They were able to correct that issue (loose nut and something with the toe), however my car steering is now pulling to the right with normal driving. I called them an hour after I got the car back and told them what happened. At first the advisor's reaction to me was it was my fault. I must have knocked it out of alignment. I said it wasn't the case and I am calling them back an hour later, not a week later. After waiting 4 days and a supervisor not getting back to me, I drove it back to the center. They tested it with me and confirmed it. In the meantime a new yoke had arrived (heating wasn't working), so they replaced the yoke and said they fixed the alighnment. Car was ready a few days later and I picked it up and test drove it and it STILL was pulling to the right. Went back to center, and once again confirmed by manager. My car is back in service and the next time will be the THIRD time I will be coming to pick it up to see if they can get the alignment right. The car did not pull to the right previously before they fixed the squirrely issue. This is very disappointing. After waiting 9 months for this car and the problems and not having functioning features, I am wondering if the car is worth it. It's a great looking car and fun to drive, but Tesla service is horrific. If anybody has any insight on the alignment issue, please let me know. Thanks.
I would be as frustrated as you if not more. These cars were basically just not ready for released and shoved out the door. Model 3 had its issues but at least resources were available for service centers to deal with it. It seems like nobody knows anything at all about the new S or how to fix things when issues inevitably appear.

I am somewhat glad mine is delayed so far out because I am hoping many of these issues are figured out and worked into the initial build by the time I get mine. Probably a pipe dream and I bet it’ll be in service for half of my first months of ownership before it gets to the condition it should have left the factory in though.

Reactions: Tigers
I would be as frustrated as you if not more. These cars were basically just not ready for released and shoved out the door. Model 3 had its issues but at least resources were available for service centers to deal with it. It seems like nobody knows anything at all about the new S or how to fix things when issues inevitably appear.

I am somewhat glad mine is delayed so far out because I am hoping many of these issues are figured out and worked into the initial build by the time I get mine. Probably a pipe dream and I bet it’ll be in service for half of my first months of ownership before it gets to the condition it should have left the factory in though.
I almost need an auto-response give the number of times I've posted this here: Tesla **always** has QA issues with first production runs of their new designs (not that this is acceptable). This refresh of the Model S is no exception. It usually takes multiple quarters before things are smoothed out at manufacturing.

So unless you are mentally prepared to deal with the bugs, wait.

Reactions: Issaction
I was searching for auto park in my refresh. I thought it was in the owners manual when it was first issued. I can’t find it now. I can’t find it anywhere in the functions screen. Anyone else remember reading about it in initial manual and/or have the the auto park feature on their refreshed model s?
It’s right there next to the advertised ANC and rear seat gaming functions!