Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone else feel like the new model S is extremely loud just having it on and the air on? Maybe it’s the fact the air is in because it’s hot out but regardless if I auto-start or start myself - it’s extremely loud from just a standing/running perspective. 10x louder than my previous model S.

Ive had my new LR for two days and heres is my list of issues

-when I try to open up the owners manual the screen locks up
- I cant get my iphone to show its messages on the screen
- occasionally when streaming music the song skips (probably just cell reception)
-when i pull into my garage the charging door wont open with pushing the button on charger unless either I manually open it with app or I lock the doors? (Im probably doing something wrong here)
- on freeway with auto pilot on the auto lane change doesn’t work when I turn on turn signal
- the level of volume on a phone call is way lower than the level playing music so I listen to music at 4 then phone conversation at level 7?
- does the included USB stick need to be formatted to use it for record?

anyone else?
Hello, thanks. I've had my new LR for a week and have all sorts of software issues:

- My car won't go to sleep. Both displays continue to remain on 24/7 regardless of me locking car, walking away, etc.
- My headlights remain on after I walk away.
- Car won't lock itself after walking away. Have to manually lock from app.
- Two scroll wheels on steering wheel are hot to the touch from lights remaining on constantly.
- Car seems to radiate heat inside the cabin, perhaps due to displays remaining on
- Passenger door open switch light is way brigther vs drivers' door light switch
- Operating system has frozen twice while supercharging
- When accessing owners manula, the screen locks up as well.
- Charging door won't open on first try, needs to try multiple times or open through app

Does anyone else feel like the new model S is extremely loud just having it on and the air on? Maybe it’s the fact the air is in because it’s hot out but regardless if I auto-start or start myself - it’s extremely loud from just a standing/running perspective. 10x louder than my previous model S.
Likely the pedestrian noise speaker? Wonder if it’s in the front right wheel well where you can disconnect it like the Y?

After having taken delivery over the weekend, I am thrilled with the refresh, and my pleasure by FAR outweighs some of the issues I have discovered. Some appear similar to others reported here.

1) Misalignment and panel gaps all over. Some are worse than others. Not sure which ones I should complain about. Have others had success getting the SC to fix these? I have a service appointment on Wednesday. Although aligned and no obvious issue, is it normal for there to be a quarter inch gap on each side of the hood? Just concerned rain water could get in to the frunk. The rear hatch is a little more obvious with a wider gap on one side than the other. Also, front and rear doors are not aligned. I think the rear doors are a bit high and the trim does not line up. It's not by much, but it is obvious.

2) Driver side rear view mirror vibrates over 40 mph and impairs visibility. Hope it just needs tightening within the housing.

One thing I also noticed that was not on my 2013 or 2016 models, was there is now factory installed PPF on part of the quarter panels on the side of the rear wheels to the rear passenger doors. Does everyone have this, and is there a specific reason Tesla chose to put it there (ie, the panel sticks out a little so need to protect from to gravel hitting it?)

Does everyone have this, and is there a specific reason Tesla chose to put it there (ie, the panel sticks out a little so need to protect from to gravel hitting it?)
Yea, it’s stock from the factory now to help prevent rock chips from the front tires on the rear fender.

On the panel alignments, ask Tesla and see what they say is in spec. The doors and trunk sound bad, but the hood sounds about right. It seems larger than it should, but I never had any issues. Again, they can check it’s specs.

Reactions: derevan007
Reactions: SailorDave
Has anyone found the Fuse Panel in the refreshed model s? I want to hard wire my RD but did not see the panel in the passenger side footwell behind the carpet but perhaps I missed it. There also does not seem to be a reference in the manual.
If it's like the 3 and Y, there are no fuses. They use "e-fuses" which are like electronic circuit breakers. It would make sense the new S would get this upgrade. Be very careful about tapping any wires with this setup.

After having taken delivery over the weekend, I am thrilled with the refresh, and my pleasure by FAR outweighs some of the issues I have discovered. Some appear similar to others reported here.

1) Misalignment and panel gaps all over. Some are worse than others. Not sure which ones I should complain about. Have others had success getting the SC to fix these? I have a service appointment on Wednesday. Although aligned and no obvious issue, is it normal for there to be a quarter inch gap on each side of the hood? Just concerned rain water could get in to the frunk. The rear hatch is a little more obvious with a wider gap on one side than the other. Also, front and rear doors are not aligned. I think the rear doors are a bit high and the trim does not line up. It's not by much, but it is obvious.

2) Driver side rear view mirror vibrates over 40 mph and impairs visibility. Hope it just needs tightening within the housing.

One thing I also noticed that was not on my 2013 or 2016 models, was there is now factory installed PPF on part of the quarter panels on the side of the rear wheels to the rear passenger doors. Does everyone have this, and is there a specific reason Tesla chose to put it there (ie, the panel sticks out a little so need to protect from to gravel hitting it?)
I have the PPF there too. I have collected a couple of tiny chips there (right above the PPF :rolleyes:) so maybe something what you say.

Is there a way to get the Energy graph back in the Model S plaid?
So far, after going throughout the entire menu system, I cannot find any sort of data breakdown of the energy being used like we saw before. There’s not even a history available on the dash. I sure do hope that we get something like what we had before, on this new menu system so that we can see energy usage history, and as well the estimated range.

Reactions: GSP and cwanja
So far, after going throughout the entire menu system, I cannot find any sort of data breakdown of the energy being used like we saw before. There’s not even a history available on the dash. I sure do hope that we get something like what we had before, on this new menu system so that we can see energy usage history, and as well the estimated range.
There may be third party tracking sites you can use.